Interspire Support Policy
Interspire provides an initial 12 months of free technical support to all customers via our web-based ticketing system. This can be renewed for a nominal fee as required. On this page you can learn about our support policies including issue types, extent of support, supported products and versions, etc.
What is supported?
We provide technical support for:
- How-to and feature related questions for the product you purchased
- Basic usage questions and troubleshooting unexpected behavior for documented features
- Technical issues and defects where the product you purchased has been identified as the cause by an Interspire support engineer
- Errors in documentation and official technical support materials as available from the Interspire website
- Installation/upgrade issues and defects
- Interoperability with other supported Interspire products
- Interspire product runtime and operation errors or failures (not including those produced by Apache, IIS, MySQL, etc)
- Basic questions for interoperability with third party products, such as Intuit QuickBooks
- Basic how-to questions for documented Interspire application programming interfaces (APIs)
- Problems with license keys as a result of upgrading or changing servers
What is not supported?
We do not provide technical support for:
- Issues with or usage of software/hardware outside of the product you purchased (such as creating FTP accounts, repairing corrupt database tables, etc)
- Database integrity or database performance issues, including database optimization and tuning
- Configuration/installation of Apache, IIS, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, etc
- Issues created in or referred from the Interspire forum
- Products where code has been customized, regardless of whether the change was minor in nature or not
- Addons or templates which were not purchased directly from Interspire
- Data migration, database backups or corrupt database repair
- Enabling/disabling PHP settings on your web server
- Debugging of mail servers or mail server configurations
- Issues experienced in non-supported server or client environments
- Network configuration or deployment
- Products which have not been updated to the latest stable version
- Problems with license keys on software that has been discontinued or has not been updated to the latest stable version
Software maintenance period
- Software maintenance covers access to any support and software product updates for your software licence
- All purchases include a 12 month maintenance period which can optionally be extended during or after purchase for an additional 12 or 24 months
- You can renew your maintenance period at any time (both before and after it expires) from the Interspire client area for a nominal fee
- After your software maintenance period expires, you will no longer be able to access support, re-license the software or software updates (including security patches)
- Although discouraged, you are not required to renew your software maintenance period if support or software updates are no longer required
- You will be notified via email 30, 14, 7 and 1 day before your maintenance period expires with the option to renew from our website
Supported products and versions
- Interspire will support products which can be purchased directly from Interspire (both via Interspire.com and through the Interspire sales line) and also discontinued products for which you hold a valid maintenance period.
- You agree to keep your installation of purchased Interspire products up to date by regularly updating to the latest stable release available (NOT beta) from the client area. If your product is not running the latest stable release, you will be required to update before technical support will be provided.
- Interspire partners are required to contact Interspire's technical support department on behalf of their client. If your client contacts our technical support department directly their problem will not be investigated and you will need to resubmit the ticket on their behalf, as per the partner program agreement.
Extent of support
Interspire will perform tests in accordance with standard procedures as part of the troubleshooting process. At a minimum, Interspire will:
- Gather as much information from the customer as is required to replicate the problem
- Confirm that the customer is entitled to technical support by verifying customer records and maintenance period in the database
- Identify the general area of the problem - configuration, FTP, bug, setting, user interface, general information, etc
- If a problem is identified with the product, fix it or escalate to an engineer for assistance
- Escalate the problem to level 2 support if necessary
- If Interspire is unable to solve a customer's problem, the supported customer will be notified via e-mail. This is known as NFF (No Fault Found). Notification will include a description of the problem and troubleshooting techniques used. This will include any escalation to engineers or developers for resolution or any recommendations made to the customer
- Interspire will not support products during beta testing
- Interspire will not resolve coding problems caused as a result of customer modifications to the source code
- Interspire is not responsible for problems with third-party software not provided by Interspire
Interspire agrees that it will provide the following technical support services to customers:
- Help desk support will be available during regular operating hours, currently 8:30am-5:30pm CDT (GMT-6) or 9am-5pm AEST (GMT+10)
- Support staff will escalate critical issues, using Interspire's ticketing system for level two support
- Technical support assistance will be made available only in the English language
Customer's maintenance obligations
You understand and acknowledge that in order for Interspire to provide technical support services, you must provide the following:
- One contact who will be authorized to deal with our technical support team. You may change your representative from the client area at any time.
- You will keep your installation of purchased Interspire products up to date by regularly updating to the latest release available from the client area.
For issues of a technical nature (i.e. problems identified with the product), there are 4 severity ratings:
- Level 1 - Low impact issue that causes no impact to the business, such as a spelling mistake, padding/margin issue or design error.
- Level 3 - Serious degradation of application performance or functionality, such as extended page load times or moderate impact feature not functioning as expected.
- Level 4 - The application is down or experiencing a major malfunction, such as not being able to login or perform a main function as expected, such as adding a product to the cart or sending an email campaign.
IMPORTANT: The client area is the only official support channel for customers. While we may assist customers with issues in the forum, a support ticket must be logged for any customer experiencing a problem which requires further investigation.
Interspire's escalation procedures will be used for all issues submitted by customers through the client area as described below.
- If technical support is unable to resolve the customer's problem, it will be escalated through Interspire's ticketing system to level two support
- If level two support is unable to fix the customer's problem, it will be escalated to Interspire's senior technical support staff via a trouble ticket
- Upon escalation to Interspire's senior technical support staff, and only when the problem can be replicated locally, has been determined to be a direct result of using the product in a normal manner and is of a critical nature (i.e. causing loss of revenue for customer), Interspire will move to rectify the problem as soon as is humanly possible
- All other problems (i.e. non critical in nature) will be logged in the public bug tracking system available at http://track.interspire.com and will be updated/fixed as or when deemed appropriate by Interspire
While Interspire's technical support department does not operate on a time-sensitive service level agreement (SLA), we do endeavour to provide all customers with a time-to-resolution as close to zero as possible. Our technical support department in Austin, Texas operates between 8:30am-5:30pm CDT (GMT-6) Monday to Friday. Our technical support department in Sydney, Australia operates between 9am-5pm AEST (GMT+10) Monday to Friday.
A general guideline for response time is shown below. All times assume the problem has been replicated locally by Interspire's technical support team first:
- Level 1 - 8 business hours
- Level 2 - 12 business hours
- Level 3 - 12 business hours
- Level 4 - 16 business hours
Updates to our support policy
This support policy may be updated at any time and without notice. By purchasing an Interspire product and agreeing to the EULA which is made available before download, you also agree to be bound by any changes to the Interspire support policy as they take place and without notification.
Questions about our support policy?
Please contact us if you have any questions about our support policy and we will be happy to help.