PDA

View Full Version : CSS line for HasSubMenu

sdurstling
07-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Hey,

I've searched the web and the customization guide and can't figure out how to modify the CSS li class HasSubMenu which becomes active when you use the built-in drop list feature for the Menu element.

I am trying to style this element but can't for the life of me find out where it's hiding. I am using a new template (not the standard issue).

Does anyone know where I can find this code? There is one reference for it in the customization guide, telling you to see another area (which doesn't exist)!

Thanks in advance for your help.

novista
07-21-2009, 11:09 AM
The file /javascript/menudrop.js contains some styling for this class. Could this be what you are looking for?

sdurstling
07-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Novista,

Thanks for your response. That little bit of code (as I understand it) appends a .over tag to the CSS, which leads me to these three lines of code found in styles.css:
#Menu li:hover a, #Menu li.over a {text-decoration: underline;}
#Menu li ul li a, #Menu li.over li a {text-decoration: none !important;}
#Menu li:hover ul, #Menu li.over ul {display: block;}

I was able to correct an alignment issue that I was having, but now am struggling to figure out how to style the text that makes up the drop navigation (I can modify the appearance of the main line nav easily, but not the sub text).

Any ideas?

novista
07-21-2009, 04:57 PM
You may be looking for #Menu li ul li a . I did not give it a full test so you'll want to make sure it does not effect anything else.

sdurstling
07-21-2009, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I've tried messing with that line in the stylesheet, but it's not cooperating.

I am wondering where the piece is that sets how wide the dropdown is? In particular, I am looking to style the width, font size of the drop text, background color of the drop, and a few more things.

The code in reference doesn't specify anywhere (that I can see) how wide the drop is, not does it talk about visibility, so I am assuming this is not the only snippet controlling this feature of the nav...

novista
07-22-2009, 12:54 AM
It should be in the #menu css. If you don't see anything obvious then it is possible that it is not being set. You should try putting in your own settings.

sdurstling
07-22-2009, 01:06 AM
Thanks again, Michael.

I've tried messing with it a bit but to no avail. What sort of support does Interspire offer for their products? Do you think this is something I could get advice on from them?

I am not a newbie to web design or CSS by any means - just need someone to help me out on locating the controlling class!

:o