PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to do this?

MarkSKell
07-22-2009, 10:40 PM
I've been noticing more and more sites doing this to the browser. Does anyone know how to enable it?

Thanks!

MarkSKell
07-22-2009, 10:42 PM
Here's a better picture, I didn't realize the other one was so small.

manamana
07-23-2009, 03:51 AM
At first I thought it might be an extended validation SSL certificate, but I checked interspire.com and it said it was verified by the USERTRUST network. www.usertrust.com - It's free... I wonder if that's what they have?

An extended validation SSL cert will take it a step further and make the company name green in Firefox and turn the whole address bar green in IE when on a secure page.

thereptileking
08-19-2009, 09:39 AM
You automatically get that feature with certain higher end ssl certificates. Verisign I think turns green on there more pricey certificates. Some of the prices are ridiculous, maybe there is a hack to apply this to the "budget" certificates. I think more and more people are recognizing this as being "secure" too. Might be good for sales.

manamana
08-19-2009, 07:39 PM
I have one. It's called an Extended Validation certificate. It costs more because they take extra steps to verify the company's identity. It really is kind of a joke, but if it makes a few extra customers feel secure enough to place an order, it pays for itself. GoDaddy has the cheapest ($199, I think). I am using DigiCert because I didn't want it to say it was verified by GoDaddy. I'm not sure my female customer base would like GoDaddy based on their racy super bowl commercials, etc.