PDA

View Full Version : Allow order when inventory at zero

bizonesource
10-02-2009, 01:28 AM
Is there a way to allow customers to order even if the inventory is at zero for that product? Right now if inventory is at zero the add to cart disappears.

wiseacresart
10-09-2009, 07:41 PM
I asked support the same question as I don't know a lot on computers and they said no. When it is zero, customers can not purchase. The only way would to not track inventory in the cart.

bestsigns
11-05-2009, 06:30 PM
i have disabled inventory tracking yet it still won't let me add my item to the cart once it has been ordered.

donnelyj
11-15-2009, 04:24 PM
can you not just go to product description and put that you have 100000 in stock? then you will never run out?

the idea of not being able to order if you are on 0 is because you "should" not have the item to sell if you are doing inventory properly

CarbonElemental
01-08-2010, 03:07 AM
It would be a nice feature to have the option to "allow backorders" on products, esp. if you could associate a message indicating expected restock date.

Otherwise, you get flooded with "when will it be back in stock emails" and "can I go ahead and order now" type of stuff.

noticz
10-27-2011, 05:07 AM
I know this post is old but I have an easy solution by modifying a couple files. If your interested let me know and I will post something.

trevnet
02-29-2012, 06:51 AM
@noticz, I know this is an old post, but I'd be very interested to hear how you modified a couple files to allow backordering of products that have zero stock.

Thank you very much!!!