PDA

View Full Version : New Products / Featured Products Display on Home Page

ljhill
11-23-2009, 10:59 PM
I need to control the products that display in the side panel on the home page and am trying to understand the easiest way to manage this.

For example, is it easier to change the date the product is added in the sql database? (In which case - what format is the date stored in??)

OR is it easier to modify the side panel to display Featured Products instead. I would prefer this method. Has anyone done this or can anyone point me in the right direction for making this type of mod?

Many thanks!

tonybarnes
11-24-2009, 09:35 AM
I play with the dates personally - I have no idea what format they are in, I just copy an old product date to any new products that we don't want to show up as new.

ljhill
11-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Thanks Tony.

mjkrooker
11-24-2009, 07:56 PM
The dates are stored in a Unix timestamp, which is seconds since the epoch:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time

emtownsend
12-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Is there no easier way to manage this? For example, I am using the Jewellry theme and there are no Featured Products displayed on the home page although I have several selected to be Featured Products.
I would perhaps like both categories displayed on the home page, either in the main page or on the side panel, or both. Point is, I don't think this is possible right now. Seems to be a deficiency if so..?