PDA

View Full Version : Invoice starting number

tman1
12-07-2009, 04:23 AM
I am new to Interspire and new to the forums. This question may have been answered but I could not find it in a search.

How can I change the starting number of invoices. I hate to have someone be "invoice #1."

Thanks,
Scott

myshop
12-07-2009, 07:13 AM
You need to run an SQL command against your DB.

ALTER TABLE isc_orders AUTO_INCREMENT = x

Where x is the invoice number you want to start at.

tman1
12-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I had my hosting admin do the change. I realize now I also needed to have the order ID# raised to a much higher number. Sorry for not realizing it before. How can I do that?

Thanks again,
Scott

myshop
12-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Im not sure what you mean now? The code I gave you will set the next order number.

So if you want the next order number to be 123456 set it to that using the sql query I gave you above.

tmcguire
12-17-2009, 04:28 PM

Worked great thanks!

San
01-24-2010, 09:27 PM
My hosting provider does not allow commands like this to be run from their control panel so I had to dig around to find out a way being a newcomer to ISC and databases.

I had MySQL Administrator (can be downloaded free on the internet) installed on my PC which I usually use to back up the database before upgrading the cart version.

1. Connect to your database.
2. On the left had side go into Catalogs.
3. Bottom right go click on Create Store Proc. And type in a name.
4. Clear the code and replace with: ALTER TABLE isc_orders AUTO_INCREMENT = 9000
(note the 9000 is the invoice/order id)
5. Execute SQL

It worked for me. Perhaps Interspire should include a option like this in the cart.

california
04-05-2010, 01:58 PM

Fantastic, this worked for me. I just built a new Interspire store and started the orders with a 6 digit number instead of starting at #1