PDA

View Full Version : Addition of a company name to the invoice that it sent to the administrator

ACR
02-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Hi,
Here at my company,when an order is placed we receive an email telling us about the order.
It currently sends the name of the person who placed the order, but I need it to show the business name if there is one.

I have located a file called invoice_email.html which looks to be like the one I need.
In the file it has this code:
%%LNG_ShippingToAddress%%
%%GLOBAL_ShippingAddress%%

Can any one point me in the direction of how I may go about changing these variables to include the business address??

Regards
John

Examaids
02-05-2010, 05:20 PM
If the globals %%GLOBAL_ShippingAddress%% and %%GLOBAL_BillingAddress%% are included in invoice_email, then provided customer fills in the company name text box when checking out, it will be captured. However, that field is NOT compulsory so I suspect a lot of people aren't filling it in. I wouldn't make it compulsory unless you are sure all of your buyers have a company name. Have you sent yourself a test order by filling in the Company Name text box? It should appear in your invoice email notification without you having to add more globals. IAC, I don't believe there is one for Company Name.

ACR
02-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Hi Examaids, thanks for your comment. What I have is that in a few cases on the shipping address in the invoice email, it does not always show the customers Business name, but I know they have entered it as it is displayed elsewhere. So I am just trying to track down, why it is not always displayed...