PDA

View Full Version : I am willing to pay for support that Interspire fails to do!

smartsales
02-23-2010, 05:21 PM
On 01-10-2010 I updated my professional version shopping cart to 5.5.2 and immediately encountered problems. Support has done nothing to solve my problems.

Now I turn to you folks.

In the Control Panel:
1. I am unable to view, edit, search, or do anything with products. The database has all products and images, so the software is not seeing the information. The user admin DOES HAVE full permissions.

2. There are extra copies of RSS and the Shipping & Returns pages. These cannot be deleted.

3. The Shipping settings are in the database but are not being seen by the software.

4. I had to re-create ALL Settings. I am sure they are there, but they were not being seen.

In the Store:

1. Images are not shown, but text is - this proves the database can, and is, being accessed.

2. I have customers with numerous orders waiting. I foolishly updated the software to the latest version on FEBRUARY 10th, and because of this I have lost sales.

I am willing to pay a qualified programmer who knows the shopping cart software. Please contact me asap and let me know your rate. I'll get back to you with login and ftp info.

Thanks!

ruralweb
02-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Personally I would simply restore the backup I presume you took prior to the upgrade and do the upgrade again. Failing that the image problem sounds like you need to update your template.

smartsales
02-23-2010, 06:03 PM
It isn't the template as the products cannot be seen in the Control Panel and the shipping info is missing, but both are in the database.

We prefer not to go back, if at all possible.

ruralweb
02-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Im talking about the missing images problem being template related - the other problems are more upgrade related possibly being caused by files not being uploaded correctly when you uploaded the new software.

IMO it will be far far quicker to restore the backup and upgrade again rather than fighting on for hours/days trying to get it fixed.

smartsales
02-23-2010, 08:23 PM
I appreciate your comments, and we may have to do that. I'd rather a some help from Support, though, but they cannot be bothered to respond to the ticket... Anyway, for now, this is where we are.

myshop
02-24-2010, 01:52 AM
It sounds like a botched database upgrade - And to be honest support may be the best way to go in getting it resolved.

mattnz
02-24-2010, 03:23 AM
It sounds like a botched database upgrade - And to be honest support may be the best way to go in getting it resolved.

Support should be able to see the problem in the database, but does sound like an error occurred during the upgrade process, which in that case, restoring the backup and reapplying the upgrade may be the only fix.

tonybarnes
02-24-2010, 09:27 AM
If orders are still coming through, back up the SQL again so that you can restore the relevant tables later, then as above, roll back and upgrade again.

It sounds like it could even be a "simple" template issue - be that html or CSS - have you changed any admin template files at all? Did everything FTP correctly? etc

Gaz
03-03-2010, 02:41 PM
I agree with tonybarnes, that's the best approach.

If you need help doing that drop me a pm.