PDA

View Full Version : Links from other website into shopping cart

rjcuser
03-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Hi

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I have searched and can't find anything.... Apart from a direct URL link to a product or category page, are there any other features people use for linking from pages outside of the shopping cart inwards? ie a brochure site done using Website Publisher and then pointing to products to then purchase... are there any established integaration techniques done by anyone between IWP and ISC?

Thanks...

MarkSKell
03-13-2010, 07:13 PM
I've integrated the two before.

-I custom-created a TopMenu in IWP that mirrored ISC's
-mirrored the two footers
-designated one-page for: contact us, about, terms, privacy, et cetera (for the 2 apps)
-slightly changed css rules: so both used same header/logo image and background images

rjcuser
03-17-2010, 12:18 PM
Just to check, is this the actual functionality that you have integrated or just the design? ie, what about the two searches and moving between an ISC product page and an IWP content page? Thanks...

MarkSKell
03-18-2010, 12:02 AM
For this one, the client opted out of having a universal search bar ($). And what specifically are you referring to with regard to 'moving between' IWP content and ISC product pages?

rjcuser
03-18-2010, 12:07 AM
I'm having problems grasping how the ISC top menu bar renders when in the IWP page, how does it generate the results if an ISC page isn't generated? I'm probably over confusing myself... thanks in advance...

MarkSKell
03-18-2010, 12:25 AM
Is this live anywhere? Can I take a look?

Also check your pm