PDA

View Full Version : Change Category Display Mode for One Category

cupargarden
03-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Hello

I am pretty sure I glanced over a how-to guide on this subject before on one of the ISC related forums.

All my categories use 'Grid' mode, but one single category would benefit from 'List' mode, as the products are virtually identical except for the model number, which indicates which model is optionally bought with a larger product (which is shown in another category using Grid mode).

Can anyone advise how I can have one (or more) categories use List Mode while using Grid Mode (and/or vice versa) on other categories?

cupargarden
03-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Anyone? :o

mkephart25
03-30-2010, 02:46 PM
cupargarden,

In the admin back end you can change what display you want to use for each category(Products --> Category Details) Then after description you will see a dropdown allowing you to select an alternate display view.

If none are there you can simply copy the file Category.html in your templates root. IMORTANT you must begin the filename with an underscore for it to show up in the admin back end(name it _categorylist.html or something just make sure the underscore is there)

mkephart25
03-30-2010, 02:47 PM
And then edit it as needed of course

cupargarden
03-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the advice...I have tried it out and it appears this allows me to change the overall category template - not how the products are actually listed - do I then need to create new panels and snippets for this to work the way I want it to - ie. to show Grid View and List View in different categories.