PDA

View Full Version : moving payment button

avalon
03-27-2010, 09:29 PM
Hi, Can anyone advise me how to move the proceed to payment button on the checkout page? It's hard to find on the bottom left and I want to move it just under the redeem a coupon box on the right. Thanks:)

edrishti
03-23-2011, 11:56 AM
go to this page Snippets/ExpressCheckoutConfirmation.html and change below code

<input id="bottom_payment_button" style="display:%%GLOBAL_HideButtomPaymentButton%%" type="submit" value="%%LNG_ProceedToPayment%%" />

scruffydoo
03-24-2011, 12:26 PM
You need to use some css to move that, its targeted as .FloatRight which is also used elsewhere so ideally wrap it in a div first and name it to suit so you don't mess anything else up.

If your not sure about css and html then you'll need someone to do it for you.

snooper
03-24-2011, 05:29 PM
<input id="bottom_payment_button" style="display:%%GLOBAL_HideButtomPaymentButton%%" type="submit" value="%%LNG_ProceedToPayment%%" />

Becomes..

<p align="right"><input id="bottom_payment_button" style="display:%%GLOBAL_HideButtomPaymentButton%%" type="submit" value="%%LNG_ProceedToPayment%%" /></p>

scruffydoo
03-24-2011, 11:23 PM

Becomes..

<p align="right"><input id="bottom_payment_button" style="display:%%GLOBAL_HideButtomPaymentButton%%" type="submit" value="%%LNG_ProceedToPayment%%" /></p>

that's not correct, he wants to move it to a specific position (up and right), it needs CSS.

snooper
03-25-2011, 03:00 AM
If asking how to move the Checkout button to a position under the ‘Redeem Cert/Coupon’ section was saying anything, it was saying that anything below that point other than Checkout button was nolonger required. Ohterwise, why move the button to ahead of these inputs???

Sooooooooo and unless I have my interpretation wrong - Through admin, disable ‘Comments’, ‘Mailing List’ and ‘Terms’ etc etc they are now hidden. Then simply a small code mod and the job is done??

<p class="PL20">
<hr class="Clear" />
</p>

http://www.ihost4u.co.uk/inter/move.jpg

scruffydoo
03-25-2011, 03:14 AM
not sure why you'd want to put layout elements in the code tbh, however, it is one way to skin the cat.

snooper
03-25-2011, 03:35 AM
In which case, trying to place the button by scripting CSS, getting its z-index value, x, y position right, is no fun task. But within Styles.css is where you would go should this be the option wanted..

.PL20 {
padding:0px 0px 0px 20px;
}

Personally, I go for quick and simple, it means you can move on...

Reversing out and back to the orginal code equally quick !!

Afer all, have we also thought in retrospect about a choose made at some point ???!! :)