BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Knowledge Manager Community Forum > News and Product Updates

Old 03-16-2005, 09:32 PM
zupuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanp
They are not producing any new asp/.net versions...check out the staff blogs for their message about that.
Are you sure? The statement was AFTER Sept. 1st, 2005 they would stop selling and development. And in other threads they mention there will be one more release (2005?) before the cut off date.

Zup
Old 03-24-2005, 05:32 AM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zupuser
Are you sure? The statement was AFTER Sept. 1st, 2005 they would stop selling and development. And in other threads they mention there will be one more release (2005?) before the cut off date.

Zup
You're right...I checked out the bug feature list and asp was mentioned there. Maybe it was another product I remember reading (probablly articlelive) saying they are not working on another asp version after the current....

Sorry about the mixup
Old 03-29-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Frames?

I'm excited about many of the features/fixes in the new version, but the frame-based layout has me a bit concerned. Will there be a way to disable that type of layout and use a layout more similar to ActiveKB 1.5? We've integrated 1.5 into our website using custom headers and footers and it doesn't look like that's achievable given the layout of the demo.

Thanks,

Andrew
Old 03-30-2005, 11:30 PM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew2
I'm excited about many of the features/fixes in the new version, but the frame-based layout has me a bit concerned. Will there be a way to disable that type of layout and use a layout more similar to ActiveKB 1.5? We've integrated 1.5 into our website using custom headers and footers and it doesn't look like that's achievable given the layout of the demo.

Thanks,

Andrew
check the other posts but I'm pretty sure they said there will be a 'classic' skin that looks like ver 1.5
Old 03-30-2005, 11:33 PM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zupuser

Zup
Zup,

Actually I just saw this recent post saying they are focusing on PHP AKB only and not ASP AKB:

http://www.interspire.com/forum/show...3343#post23343
Old 04-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Interspire Customer

mitchel, can you please reply on the frame question?
3 people (including me) are concerned if the demo version in frames is the only one.
Can you please confirm there will be a classic skin too?

And can you sum what are the search engine friendly points of this new update?
Old 04-11-2005, 03:35 AM
Administrator

If you check my other posts you'll see that I have mentioned there are 2 templates, and only one uses frames. Every single page is search engine friendly. Obviously the framed template isn't but the "Classic" template contains full search engine friendly links, identical to ArticleLive.

Mitchell Harper
Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer, Interspire
Email: mitchell.harper [AT] interspire [DOT] com
Phone (AUS): +612 9262-7770