BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > News and Product Updates

Old 12-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Interspire Customer

Unhappy upgrading -- need help -- Interspire offices closed!!

Argh! I waited until close to Christmas to upgrade (2004 to NX) so that any downtime would be minimized -- sent some questions to Interspire last night, which were answered quickly, then suddenly nothing (guess it was after office hours).

So I made an educated guess on how to proceed with the upgrade. I uploaded all the files and followed the upgrade wizard; however, after step 3 it kept showing me a download dialog for "index.php", which was an empty file. Nothing on the step 3 page to get me to the next step...so in the browser I simply changed from step=3 to step=4, and got to the Upgrade Complete page.

However, when I try to login, I get a couple of notices, and several warnings:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/soloentr/public_html/sendstudio/admin/functions/init.php:250) in /home/soloentr/public_html/sendstudio/admin/functions/lib/session/session.php on line 175

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soloentr/public_html/sendstudio/admin/functions/init.php:250) in /home/soloentr/public_html/sendstudio/admin/functions/sendstudio_functions.php on line 494

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soloentr/public_html/sendstudio/admin/functions/init.php:250) in /home/soloentr/public_html/sendstudio/admin/functions/sendstudio_functions.php on line 362

So I went to enter another support ticket -- and found that the offices are closed until Jan 3!!! I guess now I have to figure out how to roll back the upgrades? Any help from the community would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Terri Z
Old 12-21-2007, 07:13 PM
Interspire Customer

I guess I wish, since the very nice fellow was answering all of my upgrade questions, that since he KNEW I was upgrading very shortly, he'd told me their offices would be closed...I would have waited!!!

Sorry, had to vent.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:46 AM
Interspire Customer

Update: There is indeed some limited support staff (whew!) despite the message in the support ticket area. I've heard from someone today (yippee!) who is going to help me out.

Yea Interspire!
Old 12-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Interspire Customer

Another update -- a member of the support staff upgraded SendStudio for me, on Christmas Eve no less! I still have a few issues (like all my stats from before the upgrade are missing...anyone else have that problem?) but I'm generally back in business.

Thanks, Interspire!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:29 PM

Hi Terri,

I'll make sure we pass on that sort of info in the future, sorry about that. Hope you got everything up and running, if not please let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terriz
Another update -- a member of the support staff upgraded SendStudio for me, on Christmas Eve no less! I still have a few issues (like all my stats from before the upgrade are missing...anyone else have that problem?) but I'm generally back in business.

Thanks, Interspire!