BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > Customization and Integration

Old 03-07-2008, 03:33 PM
deiffert

Thumbs up Contact Form - Question

Hello,
I'd like to make a website form that emulates a contact form. However what I would like would be to have a drop down (custom field) for the 'department' they're contacting and have it send the email to that departments email address. So based on what they select from the drop down menu, it would change the destination email address. And just CCing it to that address would also work, either way.

I know I could set up a rule in my own email program to receive and then forward, but that's kinda cheesy.

Any ideas on how I could do that?

Thanks,
- David
Old 03-10-2008, 12:10 AM

Hi David,

There's nothing built in to sendstudio to do this, you'll either have to change code in sendstudio or make up your own form and get it to add to sendstudio as well as send the email(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by deiffert
Hello,
I'd like to make a website form that emulates a contact form. However what I would like would be to have a drop down (custom field) for the 'department' they're contacting and have it send the email to that departments email address. So based on what they select from the drop down menu, it would change the destination email address. And just CCing it to that address would also work, either way.

I know I could set up a rule in my own email program to receive and then forward, but that's kinda cheesy.

Any ideas on how I could do that?

Thanks,
- David