BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > News and Product Updates

Old 03-19-2008, 12:07 AM
Interspire Customer

Default Send Preview Permission Denied for some users

Hi guys. Thanks for your help in finally sorting my bounce settings issues.

I have noticed another issue on the live site, and the only thing that has changed is I have upgraded my licence key to add 20 users.

The problem lies when I try to "Send Preview" when composing a newsletter. If I am logged in as admin, this works fine. However if I login as any other user, I get this message in the thickbox popup that usually shows the test email as being sent:

"Permission denied. You do not have access to this area or to perform the action requested. Please contact your administrator."

If I set the user to "System Admistrator", all is fine again - but this is obviously no good for security reasons.

What setting have I missed? The user in questions as ALL permissions ticked except the following:

Process Bounced Emails
Edit Bounce Information
Global Templates
List Administrator
System Administrator

Cheers
Aaron
Old 03-19-2008, 12:17 AM

Hi Aaron,

This is already fixed in 1.4.1 (and 1.4.2). You can get 1.4.2 from the clientarea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaryn015
Hi guys. Thanks for your help in finally sorting my bounce settings issues.

I have noticed another issue on the live site, and the only thing that has changed is I have upgraded my licence key to add 20 users.

The problem lies when I try to "Send Preview" when composing a newsletter. If I am logged in as admin, this works fine. However if I login as any other user, I get this message in the thickbox popup that usually shows the test email as being sent:

"Permission denied. You do not have access to this area or to perform the action requested. Please contact your administrator."

If I set the user to "System Admistrator", all is fine again - but this is obviously no good for security reasons.

What setting have I missed? The user in questions as ALL permissions ticked except the following:

Process Bounced Emails
Edit Bounce Information
Global Templates
List Administrator
System Administrator

Cheers
Aaron
Old 03-19-2008, 12:22 AM
Interspire Customer

Thanks Chris,

Will give it a go. For some reason I'm still not getting update emails from the client area.

Aaron
Old 03-19-2008, 12:27 AM

Hi Aaron,

1.4.1 was a short release, there was a big problem with the wysiwyg editor so 1.4.2 came out a day later. I haven't had a chance to email about it but when you log in to sendstudio as an admin (and this only shows up when you're logged in as an admin) it should tell you whether there's an update available on the front page.

Quote:
Thanks Chris,

Will give it a go. For some reason I'm still not getting update emails from the client area.

Aaron
Old 03-19-2008, 12:48 AM
Interspire Customer

Cheers for the heads up Chris. I have actually commented out the news feed on our copy of SS so we missed it. No Major. Uploaded 1.4.2 and all seems well again.

Cheers
Aaron
Old 03-25-2008, 12:01 AM

Hi Aaron,

Glad it's all working for you. Let us know if you find any other issues.

Quote:
Cheers for the heads up Chris. I have actually commented out the news feed on our copy of SS so we missed it. No Major. Uploaded 1.4.2 and all seems well again.

Cheers
Aaron