BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > Customization and Integration

Old 04-03-2008, 03:00 AM
Interspire Customer

Default Sequential Autoresponders Attached To A List

Every other sequential autoresponder I've used allows you to attach an autoresponder series of emails to a single or group of lists.

Am I missing something or is this feature missing?

I'd have to setup a unique identifier for each list in order to use the autoresponder filter to attach a series of autoresponder messages to a user.

What happens if the user is on two list? That means I'd have to create two identical autoresponder series, one for each list each with a different filter. Why not just allow for the autoresponder to be attached to a list????

Please If I'm missing something let me know.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:15 AM

Hi,

Autoresponders are automatically attached to a particular list. You can't attach it to multiple lists nor can you move it to another list (at the moment). Both of these are on our list of things to do but they aren't going to be available for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysmallbizu
Every other sequential autoresponder I've used allows you to attach an autoresponder series of emails to a single or group of lists.

Am I missing something or is this feature missing?

I'd have to setup a unique identifier for each list in order to use the autoresponder filter to attach a series of autoresponder messages to a user.

What happens if the user is on two list? That means I'd have to create two identical autoresponder series, one for each list each with a different filter. Why not just allow for the autoresponder to be attached to a list????

Please If I'm missing something let me know.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:20 AM
Interspire Customer

Default I got it after I created more lists

Are those two additional features close???? Or is it a major effort?
Old 04-06-2008, 11:54 PM

Hi,

It's a pretty major effort, mainly because of the custom fields but also when should it send? I'm guessing you'd only want one email sent or do you want it to send one for each list a person is on? If I join list "A" on the 2nd of January and then join list "B" on the 3rd of March, should it send another one for the second subscription or .. ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysmallbizu
Are those two additional features close???? Or is it a major effort?