BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > Customization and Integration > Language Packs

Old 11-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Interspire Customer

Default EM Multilanguage

Hi,

I was wondering how to have both, the translated and the original version of EM, of course in the same program and to easy skip from one to another language.

This is PHP, it's easy but I need help and the result for sure it's interesting for everyone.

1. To begin we can make two language folders, the original and the translate one.
2. And to continue find the instructions or code where those folders are loaded and recode it in order to the folder to be loaded depends on one variable.
3. Make one link some where in the frontend that when linked it runs a script that changes the language variable and reload the page.

Simple like that!

If someone know a better way please tell it. I will try this way and succes or not I will post the results.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:43 PM

We are thinking of adding multiple language into future version of IEM.
We haven't decided on how to go about this though.

Let us know how you go.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Interspire Customer

Default EM Multilanguage

Hi, besides a multilanguage back-end capability, I think EM should be able to manage front-end multilanguage too. For example, the various "Thank You Page Options ", "Confirm page", etc, form fields should accept different text or url landing pages depending on the subscriber language.

Bye,
Luca
Old 12-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Interspire Customer

I didn't have time to do anything, but I saw that the new version have restructured the language folder and add the posibility to install some addons. So I suppose the best way is make an addon wich will install the language files in the correct folder and ad the property code for adapt the entire program.

This sounds great, but I'm still learning the PHP basic book so for now or Interspire helps or some programer do it. One thing is for sure, soon or later I will make this capability exist for this program!