BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Website Publisher 5 > News and Product updates

Old 06-24-2009, 08:02 AM

Default Maintenance Version 5.0.9 Released

Today we released Interspire Website Publisher 5.0.9.

This release improves stability with numerous bug fixes and speed improvements.

This version is now available from the Interspire Client Area for those with a valid maintenance contract.

If you're experiencing problems upgrading to, or after upgrading to Interspire Website Publisher 5.0.9 please submit a support ticket from the Interspire Client Area.

Change log for this version:

Code:
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Changelog for Interspire Website Publisher 5.0.9
# Released 24th June 2009
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Bug #4880: Error in functions.strings.php. Some server setups with PHP 5.1.6 and PCRE 6.6 on redhat have an issue with unicode in preg_ functions.
* Bug #4943: Styleguide processor outputs some tags as invalid XHTML
* Bug #5110: Category item counts show zero in control panel
* Bug #5111: The word 'search' in the beginning of the URL will trigger routing to the search page with anything after it in the search query.
* Bug #5188: Left column remains visible in Architecture template when set to one-column layout (Must update template to get this bug fix)
* Bug #5215: Z-index issue with "Page Number" tooltip anchor when adding multiple pages to articles.
* Bug #5287: Permissions edit page will error when a permission exists that applies to a specific user group
* Bug #5327: Uploading a PDF to attachments module says: not a valid image file
* Bug #5329: Custom category URL error: The URL entered for this category is already in use
* Bug #5346: Category description in RSS feed is showing HTML characters.
* Bug #5347: HTML displaying in RSS feed description
* Bug #5349: If a template doesn't have a preview image, not selectable
* Bug #5360: Home breadcrumb text hard-coded in template
* Bug #5376: Templates include a GENERATOR meta tag but it is not whitelabelled (Must update template to get this bug fix)
* Bug #5384: Non-latin characters would break tabs on settings page, possibly elsewhere.
* Bug #5385: Comments link in breadcrumb triggers a fatal error when followed.
* Bug #5397: Menus/Lists in IE 6 get extra spacing/padding
* Bug #5402: Fields with single quotes in their titles would break their help tips
* Bug #5403: When replying to a comment from the "Reply To" link in the Control Panel after approving the comment, it isn't actually replied to.
* Bug #5415: Warning about open_basedir restriction on template selection screen
* Bug #5439: Using the template system to prepend or append SRC or HREF attributes fails
* Bug #5440: Template vars set to pre- or append to a non-existing attribute would always set the STYLE attribute

* Feature #4514: Make TinyMCE editor size cookies last beyond browser session
* Feature #5348: Add a 'Reload Template' button so can quickly reload template after editing the style guide

Other Fixes:

* Disable Javascript appending the search query to the request URI. This was causing issues with UTF8 characters.
* Front end performance optimisations
* Add language variables for time units and modified GetRelativeTime to use them.

Changed Files: (Please upload ALL files when upgrading)

admin/images/no_template_preview.gif
	admin/includes/classes/class.categories.php
	admin/includes/classes/class.content.php
	admin/includes/classes/class.layout.php
	admin/styles/styles.css
	admin/templates/form.field.tpl
	admin/templates/header.tpl
	admin/templates/layout.form.templatelist.row.tpl
	admin/templates/layout.form.tpl
	api/class.categories.php
	api/class.domhelper.php
	api/class.form.php
	api/class.groups.php
	api/class.lists.php
	api/class.rsscreator.php
	api/class.styleguide.php
	api/class.urls.php
	javascript/common.js
	javascript/search.js
	language/en-US/admin.common.ini
	language/en-US/admin.layout.ini
	lib/functions.date.php
	lib/functions.strings.php
	lib/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/editor_template.js
	lib/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/editor_template_src.js
	modules/attachments/language.ini
	modules/attachments/module.attachments.php
	modules/comments/module.comments.php
Old 06-25-2009, 05:11 AM
Interspire Customer

Thanks Jordie for this update and upgrade.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:31 AM
Interspire Customer

Does this update fix the image block bug? Currently if you add an image using the image block module and try to insert the url to the image, you get stuck in a loop.

I reported this bug several months (and versions) ago and would appreciate a plan of action. My customers REALLY need to be able to add images with links without having to know html code to do so.

Adding an image to your site with a link is a pretty remedial task and my customers are frustrated that they cannot do this simple of a task with a paid for cms while they can easily do this with a free cms like wordpress.

I REALLY do appreciate the update and I sincerely hope that WP will begin to get the same attention from Interspire as the other products.

Website publisher has the potential to be great.

Needless to say... I am eagerly awaiting the 5.1 release and hope the calendar, forms, and image gallery are all included.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcnabb View Post
Does this update fix the image block bug? Currently if you add an image using the image block module and try to insert the url to the image, you get stuck in a loop.
Hi cmcnabb, I was trying to duplicate the issue you are having and I am not sure which block you are speaking of. The image block, the only "modules" we have are
  • Twitter
  • Comments
  • Google Analytics
  • Anchor Images
  • Attachments
  • YouTube Videos
  • Resource Box
  • Podcasts
  • Contact Form
  • Email to Friend
  • Related Links
Are you meaning the Resource Box module by chance? It allows you to add additional resources like text, links or images? If so, I agree with you that there should be a way to add a hyper link using only the tools within IWP.

In regards to the loop, I could not duplicate using the Resource Box module. Maybe you can give some more details and I will be happy to see if I can duplicate on my ens.

I am using IWP 5.0.8 at time of writing this post.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:50 AM
Interspire Customer

Default image block bug

If you click on design, then web site layout you will see content and images in the left column.

If you drag the "image block" to the design you will be prompted to upload an image and hyperlink all in one nifty step.

This would be great if it worked!
Old 06-26-2009, 06:27 AM

cmcnabb:

We are not able to replicate the problem on our own servers. We have been able to replicate it on only a very limited number of other servers.

The issue appears to be certain server configurations which don't like having 'http://' in the query string of a URL. Fixing this bug means we have to restructure how data is sent to the server. This will be completed in an upcoming maintenance release.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Interspire Customer

Yeah, it must be as Jordie has stated, sounds like a server issue cmcnabb, I just tried using that block for the first time and works for me on my server, both using the OS CentOS 4 and 5.

Tags
bug fixes, bugs, maintenance, release, websitepublisher