BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Shopping Cart Community Forum > E-Commerce and Selling Online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Would you mind detailing specific benefits you've had as a result of being a member?
Sure.

-I save a couple hundred dollars a month by having taken advice to reduce some of my monthly business expenses...Phone.com rather than AT&T for instance.

-I've gotten hundreds of "easy", good links based on tips shared in the forum, which are not shared outside of it...which have directly increased my rankings.

-I've gotten specific advice on site changes and link building that have both saved me from tanking my site and helped me to rank a lot better.

-I've learned a TON about how to build links, how to create unique content, what is and what isn't REALLY important for ranking, etc.

-Forum members have given me custom code on many occasions to do everything from hiding affiliate links to fixing problems with my site.

-There is so much quality information in the forums, and so many very high quality moderators and members, that you could literally spend all day, every day learning. The challenge is to actually choose what to do and do it.

-The "local rank" tool will show you common links that the top XX sites in Google have, from the top XXX sites in Google for any given keyword. I've found plenty of links with that tool.

-The "competitive research" tool will tell you what your competitors are ranking for, what % of traffic their terms are bringing them, what the monetary value of that traffic is, etc. I've discovered additional terms to target using this tool that I never would have found otherwise.

-Because there are so many members with lots of high performing sites, you know right away when Google has made changes, how the changes are effecting the SERPs, and what you can do to stay on top.

At least a couple of times a month I learn something or find a "tip" that makes me say, damn, that's worth a year of the membership cost. If the price was upped to $1000/month, I wouldn't think twice about staying. It would be a no-brainer.

For someone without a website and with little time, it might not be that valuable. But if you're serious about your site, and especially if you're using it as your main source of income, it will be the best money you've ever spent.