BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Shopping Cart Community Forum > Customization and Integration > Code Modification and Development Questions

Old 02-10-2011, 01:36 AM
Interspire Customer

Question eWay Credit Card Error Message

Hi All,

When a customer pays via credit card using eWay and there is an error (incorrect card number / exp date, etc...) they receive this error message:

Something went wrong when trying to process your payment. Please review the error message and try again:
Something went wrong when trying to process your payment. Please review the error message and try again:

It appears to repeate the general error twice and doesn't tell the user specifically what is wrong with their payment.

I notice that when I try to add an order via the admin the same generic error also occurs.

Has anyone else experainced this? Is there a fix? Customers often call saying they have an error but they dont know what it is!
Old 02-10-2011, 07:23 AM
Interspire Customer

We have plenty of clients using eWay successfully. - What version of the cart are you using ?
Old 02-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Interspire Customer

Hi MyShop,

Thanks for your response. I am using 5.5.2, I dont see any mention of version number in the eway module though.

The gateway works fine, transactions go through, but if a customer makes a keying error or the card is declined the site doesn't display a specific error message, just the repeated generic message posted about.

Thanks again,
p.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Interspire Customer

5.5.2 is quite old now - there have been quite a few eWay related updates. Recommend you update to 6.1.1 and keep your site current.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Interspire Customer

Agreed, I am in the process up organising an update. I have some complicatied customisations in place and I want to ensure the will be compatible with 6.0.14

Is 6.0.14 the most recent? I see this version in the reminder at the top of my site's admin.

p.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Interspire Customer

No, 6.1.1 is the latest - When you login to your client area you will see you can only download 6.1.1.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Interspire Customer

Ah I see. My support expired in December. I will have to stick with the plan to implement 6.0.14 for now. Thanks for the tip tho.

p.

Tags
error, eway, message