BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > Customization and Integration > Bounce Rules

Old 01-14-2011, 01:42 AM
Interspire Customer

Default Bounce Not Working

HELP!!! New here but really frustrated! I'm using HostGator and smtp.com. I've set up bounce processing using the instructions on the Interspire site, but when I send using smtp.com I get NO bounces. I've set up the bounce processing in both the contact list AND in the application settings.

I created a contact list with known bad email addresses to force a bounce.

I set up a bounce email address and can send emails directly to the inbox (it works) and tested the bounce settings in IEM and IEM can log in.

I've set up a cron and it works.

Here's the problem... When I send out emails (about 8000 per day) I get NO bounces... none when using smtp.com

BUT, when I send via my own email settings I get bounces. IOW, smtp.com (or ANY smtp service) does not show bounces.

I've tried changing to IMAP, I've tried changing hosts and ports... nothing works!

Interspire help says it's a host problem, the host says it's smtp.com, and smtp.com points to Interspire--it's the customer service circle of death!

Anyone else having problems? Anything else I can do? I've GOT to get this fixed or find another solution...

Anyone else using interspire.smtp.com? What hosts are you using and what settings are you using?????
Old 01-17-2011, 04:33 PM
MaxIlin

Hey ssellers,

I'd like to help you to resolve this issue with bounce emails.
First thing you need to check is your bounce email address and that it gets emails.
Second if you will provide your bounce email address which you use sending emails through Smtp.com support team will be able to check mail log files and provide you with information if any bounce email was sent to you.
Also, Smtp.com control panel has it's delivery reports tool which will provide you with information which emails were delivered and which were bounced, and btw you will be able to generate full report with bounces or delivered.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will gladly assist you.
Thank you.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Interspire Customer

Hey ssellers

I've just started using smtp.com today, and although the smtp.com portal suggests I've had 100+ bounces out of my first mail-send batch with them today - a total send count of some 3000 - none of them have registered / fed-back to my Interspire Email Marketer software bounce-count.

Not happy.

Alex
Old 02-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Interspire Customer

Hey Steve

I've send you an email concerning this issue.
Bounce handling is something that is done by your SMTP provider , smtp.com
They do not have to say it's an interspire problem because that has nothing to do with bounces, it's the sending server that generates bounces, not interspire.

PROMO : Signup today for our SMTP Relay services and receive a free license of our MPS Addon !

Bram Van Daele

TENEO SMTP relay services
http://esp.teneo.be

(Contact me directly)