BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Knowledge Manager Community Forum > Customization and Integration

Old 01-04-2011, 05:34 AM
Interspire Customer

Hi all,
I just coded this up for the Interspire cart and it should be the same for KB. You have to do some PHP coding to make it work, and modify several files. I changed our Cart copy so customers can enter a subject line and have that included in their email.

This way, it avoided our customer service queue from being filled with all the emails titled "Someone submitted a form from your Contact Us page" and now we have actual user entered topics to work with.

Last time I posted code mods on here, I just posted the changed files with the changes commented and clarified...Interspire then jumped all over me for violating the TOS rules (who knew?) and forced me to post out code snippets instead...anyway, since they make sharing mods such a pain (I have to go snip out every single change, annotate what line it should go into in each file, for every changge...you will then have to manually add back in every single change) I'm not going to post it out, but it can be done.

However, it does get into a bit more involved coding depending on exactly what you want to do so you are likely better to hire someone to do a custom mod for your needs, or PM me if its a small mod. Its not as easy as I would have thought.

Anyway, it can be done. Now, why having a subject line was not included as part of the default contact form in the Cart (KB has it)...I don't know.

Best regards.

Last edited by CarbonElemental; 01-04-2011 at 05:39 AM..
Old 06-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Interspire Customer

EDIT: This is in the wrong section - this applied to Interspire Shopping Cart, my bad for posting in the incorrect thread.

I would like to see how others have done this.
I'm making a rental form.... scratch that, I have made a rental form that's a bit heavy on javascript and *cough* uses cookies.

It would be nice to see how I can implement this with out hard coding the crap out of it and I would prefer to use the inbuilt templates to send an email.
At the moment, it's a contact form in the web page creator and hard coded javascript in the header, posting to a php page then redirecting back.

My problem lies with the choice of using POST variables to a contact form and redirecting or using AJAX to send those variables to a form and then resetting the form with a "Message Sent" flag and clearing the form, making it even heavier reliant on javascript to do my dirty work where the normal forms use POST.

If there is a cleaner way to do this, I would greatly appreciate seeing the custom code that actually intergrates wtih Interspire.

Cheers.

Last edited by niak32; 06-14-2012 at 03:03 AM..