BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > Customization and Integration

Old 11-30-2009, 08:21 AM
newsletter

Default Increasing speed of email delivery

Hi,
My tech guy has installed the application and it appears to be running well except one thing - no matter what we change, we can't get it running any more than a few emails per second.

I am not the php tech person, and I know we've set the level in the administration section to be 0, and we've checked the mail server settings but I can't get it to send more than a few .. so sending 3,700 is going to take a while but I have two lists I need to bring in - one is 90,000 emails (my subscriber list) and my client's emails lists of between 30K > 50 lists.

Can someone advise where I need to look? At this rate it will be a week to send out a campaign that's meant to be sent out in only a couple of hours at the most.

I thought it was able to send out high volumes of email and we have purchased the http://www.octeth.com product as well for comparison since it offers a 60 day money back guarantee as well.

I'm evaluating which one we'll run with and recommend to my customer list.

Thanks very much.
Sorry if I may appear to sound a little impatient but I've spent too much time already trying to search and I can't seem to find the right words to get me the answers.
Nina
Old 12-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Interspire Customer

Can you provide some more details on your environment?

If running under LAMP switch out qmail/sendmail for postfix and see if that helps. We were able to get much better results out of Postfix with just a little tweaking.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Interspire Customer

Can you provide some more information on what platform you run on , which MTA solution you are using , the server specifications ?

Sending rates of 100K/hour should easily be reached.

Bram van Daele
www.teneo.be
Old 12-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Interspire Customer

Thumbs down

I've been back and forth with Interspire support and trouble tickets are never closed whenever I approach this topic.

I use Sendmail and have a default FreeBSD setup and their answer is to use Postfix or some other MTA and aren't forthcoming with support how to get my sending speed running faster.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Interspire Customer

tmcguire

I have to agree with IEM support on this one. Sendmail really isn't the best choice when it comes to performance. Change to Postfix with default configuraton and you will already see a vast improvement in speed.

Lot of things also depend on your system configuration. But the IEM software in itself is more then capable of running at 100+K messages per hour on a single server node.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teneo View Post
tmcguire

I have to agree with IEM support on this one. Sendmail really isn't the best choice when it comes to performance. Change to Postfix with default configuraton and you will already see a vast improvement in speed.

Lot of things also depend on your system configuration. But the IEM software in itself is more then capable of running at 100+K messages per hour on a single server node.
Taneo,

Sendmail vs. Postix is as poor of an argument as PC vs. Mac. If the product is supposed to work with Sendmail then it should. Performance differences between Sendmail and Postfix when it comes to IEM should not be as terrible as it is in my experience. For this reason I have tried several times to get an assist from support to get my send speed up and they decline saying 'Use Postfix'

Migrating away from Sendmail to Postfix isn't an option primarily because my scripts and hosting platform are built around it.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Interspire Customer

Well , I guess we have different opinions on that. Sendmail vs Postfix is not an equation that resembles PC to Mac in my opinion.

By the way , IEM states that it works with Sendmail (which it does) , it doens't state that you will be guaranteed to send X amount of mails per hour.
This is not possible since so many things depend on configuration and hardware.

IEM can only send emails as fast as your MTA solution (Sendmail) accepts them.
If it sends slower then your MTA can accept the bottleneck has to be found in MySQL Configuration, diskspeed , processing power , memory consumption, etc ...
Old 10-23-2014, 08:06 PM
Interspire Customer

I know it's an old post, but after 2 days of optimization Interspire Software is slow as a snail.

As you said that you know how to send 100k email hour please le us know how to do...

it's not a problem of smtp now becouse even in test mode this software is slow slow slow slow...
(without coding fixes more in my experience is impossible to send more than 1 email per seconds)

Last edited by mark2; 10-23-2014 at 08:09 PM..
Old 10-23-2014, 09:32 PM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2 View Post
I know it's an old post, but after 2 days of optimization Interspire Software is slow as a snail.

As you said that you know how to send 100k email hour please le us know how to do...

it's not a problem of smtp now becouse even in test mode this software is slow slow slow slow...
(without coding fixes more in my experience is impossible to send more than 1 email per seconds)
Well, on our high end cluster we currently run around 1.5 million per hout ;-)

You could try our MPS addon (contact me).
Also, memory and CPU are potential issues. How much resources do you have ?

PROMO : Signup today for our SMTP Relay services and receive a free license of our MPS Addon !

Bram Van Daele

TENEO SMTP relay services
http://esp.teneo.be

(Contact me directly)

Tags
sending