BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Shopping Cart Community Forum > Customization and Integration > Code Modification and Addon Releases

Old 10-23-2010, 03:28 AM
Interspire Customer

Send a message via MSN to Dustin013 Send a message via Skype™ to Dustin013
Talking Recurring Billing for ISC (now integrating aMember Pro!)

I have two recurring modules currently out there and I am proud to announce a new one. The first module I created allowed you to create subscription products where recurring payments were setup using Authorize.net ARB API and ISC. The second was a popup window that had a one-page checkout and still utilized the Authorize.net ARB API. The new module is a integration of aMember (http://www.amember.com) and ISC.
The new module allows you to setup products in your store and mark them as subscription products like the previous two but now changes the way the recurring payments are managed.

When an order is placed with a recurring product, each product that is a “subscription” product gets added to the aMember system, each as their own subscription. The first payment is handled by ISC then all subsequent payments are handled using aMember. When recurring payments are made aMember will add the order to ISC so that it can be fulfilled.

What is so great about this module is that it does not rely on a payment processors API but simply re-bills the credit card on file when it is time for a new payment. So any payment processor supported by ISC and aMember are now applicable candidates for use with this module. On top of that the store admin can benefit from all of the functionality, reports and backend features of not only ISC but aMember as well! This is quite simply the biggest and most dramatic change to the recurring module since I created my first version.

What is so great as well is that to the front end user nothing has changed during the checkout process. No extra steps or modifications are needed whatsoever to the checkout process!
If you have any questions or comments please contact me at dustin@thinkgenius.com or message me on Skype at Dustin013.
http://www.thinkgenius.com
Looking for custom coding for your cart?
Automation, creating new features, editing existing features... We do anything custom for Interspire. So feel free to contact us for a free quote. We are active and always eager to help!
Old 12-13-2011, 04:19 AM
Interspire Customer

Default Be Careful

Please be careful in using Dustin Holdiman (dustin@thinkgenius.com or dustin013 on skype) from ThinkGenius.com; I think he's done good work on here in the past and I believe he's a very smart guy, but I'm been very disappointed with his overall work ethic. I paid him $800 upfront for the recurring billing solution mentioned here on the interspire forum as well as on his thinkgenius.com company website listed here:
http://www.thinkgenius.com/interspir...rring-billing/

I told him I only wanted to pay 50% upfront until he completed the project, but he promised and ensured me he was good on his word and should be charging more. So anyway, I bit the bullet and paid $800 upfront and despite many phone calls back and forth, he's never delivered any working recurring billing solution. It's been nearly 1yr since I paid him and still nothing -- now I haven't even received a return phone or email from Dustin in months. I've all but given up.

So... I guess its one of those hard lessons learned in the world of hiring people on the internet. Never pay 100% upfront and stick with using approved escrow accounts that don't get released until you receive a working product. Unfortunately it was an $800 dollar mistake -- an expensive lesson learned. Please learn from me and don't repeat the same mistake I made.

Take care - Derek
Old 05-23-2012, 09:44 AM
Interspire Customer

whats going on Dustin. You were great in the past but now you have fallen to bits!

Dustin developed the reoccurring billing solution for us and we paid $2000 for it. As with another module he developed for us and then resold on this forum. Unfortunately the reoccurring billing module stopped working and am in deep s*** with our client
Old 06-11-2012, 04:13 AM
Interspire Customer

Please be careful in using Dustin Holdiman (dustin@thinkgenius.com or dustin013 on skype) from ThinkGenius.com;He was good but not anymore. we Paid 1200.00 for an custom add- on It has been over one year. no phone calls no email. I suggest do not give any up front money if you do want to work. be careful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:17 AM
Interspire Customer

I'm interested in the shipping module Dustin posted in this forum this month, but I'm obviously concerned by all the negative posts in this thread. Did everyone here get what they were promised?
Old 10-29-2012, 06:48 AM
Interspire Customer

hi

we used Dustin a couple of times as we were swamped and need another ISP expert to get jobs out. He was great to work with until early this year when we could no longer get him to respond to a problem we were having. We finally fixed the problem ourselves. If you are intrested in a subscription system, reply here and we can get into contact to do a quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:54 AM
Interspire Customer

Thanks for the response. What I need is a shipping solution to post tracking numbers back to store. I was using eCC but they don't support ISC 6.1.9, and I noticed Dustin started a new thread this month for that type of shipping add-on. But after all the comments here, I'm a bit wary of dropping cash for it...
Old 06-21-2013, 05:45 PM
Interspire Customer

I'm worked on a solutions that is promising. I will continue posting next week.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:57 AM
Interspire Customer

just like to say Dustin got back to us and sorted ut our issue
Old 12-18-2014, 10:02 AM
Interspire Customer

Send a message via MSN to Dustin013 Send a message via Skype™ to Dustin013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehran View Post
Please be careful in using Dustin Holdiman (dustin@thinkgenius.com or dustin013 on skype) from ThinkGenius.com;He was good but not anymore. we Paid 1200.00 for an custom add- on It has been over one year. no phone calls no email. I suggest do not give any up front money if you do want to work. be careful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know this is old but I have no clue as to who this customer is it what they refer to.
http://www.thinkgenius.com
Looking for custom coding for your cart?
Automation, creating new features, editing existing features... We do anything custom for Interspire. So feel free to contact us for a free quote. We are active and always eager to help!

Tags
amember, billing, payment plan, recurring, subscription