BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Shopping Cart Community Forum > Customization and Integration > Code Modification and Development Questions

Old 10-12-2015, 03:52 AM
Interspire Customer

Default TNT Shipping calculator cached locally

I don't know if I will get any hits on this but here goes.

I've integrated live TNT express shipping quotes into interspire shopping cart as a normal shipping module (with only hard coded options) and on the products page to give shipping estimates there as well. This has been working (mostly ok) for the past couple of years (unless there's a public holiday in the sending or destination state).

To speed things up, I want to locally cache these quotes or calculate them automatically. TNT (while providing the rates and surcharges etc) say this can not be done. Has anyone come close to doing this?

I did a sample run of getting quotes to every suburb in Australia for every product but the table size gets in the millions way before I'm halfway through the products. (I also added in quotes by suburb so I can use TNT and fastway but it has it's bugs as well.)

Can't think of anywhere to post this except on interspire as I can't find a general shipping quote \ module forum, if anyone knows of a shipping quote forum or something similar (preferably Australian) can you please let me know.

Thanks guys.

Tags
cache shipping quotes, shipping quotes, tnt