BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > Customization and Integration

Old 02-17-2016, 06:15 PM
Interspire Customer

Default Segmentation and autoresponders

Hi, below are the details of my issue.

I have created an email list and would like to use 3 separate forms in order to segment the list by product type.

EG: What I want to achieve is to have 3 groups (within the list) ie:
product1, product2 and product3.

Within the same list so after signup each group (from form) is sent a different set of autoresponders.

I want to use one list so that I don't have to have loads of lists every time I create a product.

Call this the FREE List for example.
When a visitor signs up for product2 they are added to the Free List and sent product2 autoresponders.

Then after a while if they sign up for product3 I want them to be sent another set of autoresponders and remain on the Free List.

Is there a way to do this.

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

Although IEM is great for the basic stuff, I just cant get my head around the more advanced features.

Thanks again
Old 02-18-2016, 02:23 PM
Interspire Customer

Setting autoresponders based on that info isn't a challenge. You just need a custom field added to the list. Based on the data in that custom field you can program the autoresponders. More difficult is getting that custom field data input from your forms. You would have to include that custom field in the form. You could remove all the other options from the dropdown menu in the form so the lead only has the one choice but it would still be visible. There may be a way to hide that field in the form...

Sorry I'm not much better help but hopefully someone else will have a better idea of how to achieve this.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:03 PM
Interspire Customer

Default Thanks Jacob

I have tried a couple of ways and run into roadblocks, such as having two custom fields (1 per product) and then hiding the custom text field in the form.

I am not back to having a list per form with a custom field hidden in the each form with a default value included. ie: Form 1 = product1, Form 2 = product2.

I do actually want to ask you something else though.
Does your whmcs addon allow new customers in whmcs tobe added automatically into IEM?

Back to the issue. I believe that to have a list for each product with a form for each product each with a custome field of say "PRODUCT", then have the field hidden in the forms, each with a different value as previously mentione dis the way to go so far.

I have done this but have a different custome field for each form. So when I do a campaign, I can sent it to specific product owners based on the custome field iteself, and also each list whill have its own auto responder sequence which will eventually lead me to your MOVING AUTORESPONDERS TO OTHER LISTS ADDON. So Il get to you soon. lol

Thanks for the response,
Old 02-18-2016, 10:44 PM
Interspire Customer

Yes the WHMCS addon will do that.

Sorry I wasn't more help!

Jacob
Old 02-18-2016, 11:44 PM
Interspire Customer

No its cool Jocob, you helped trigger stuff in my mind so thanks.

Tags
segment list