BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > Customization and Integration

Old 01-19-2010, 05:05 AM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monokuro View Post
This has been moved into the groups permissioning now.
If you edit a group and scroll to the bottom "Group Restrictions" is there
This is true, but if you change the "Emails Per Month" for the group...everyone in the group is changed as well. And if an individual user runs out of emails (for the month), there is no way to add any credits to the user's account. Adding more emails to the group is not a solution.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Interspire Customer

This is really stupid...

We need someone from Interspire to explain why this feature was removed. I have no use of the system if there is no way to add credits for individual users.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Interspire Customer

Guess It's possible to make different groups with different credits and when a customer runs out of credits we just upgrade them directly to another group if he would like to upgrade his plan.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:40 AM
Interspire Customer

I think what you all want is something that I did...

http://ideas.interspire.com/forums/3...s-to?ref=title

I updated a comment on that page, then also on the form located here:
https://www.interspire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15612

Is this what this discussion is about? Limiting the amount of contacts/subscribers a user can have?
Old 02-18-2010, 06:41 AM
Interspire Customer

I figured that the post in the "idea" forum was from over two months ago and there were no comments on it... However, this is a feature that we HAD to have. So I just decided to do it myself.

However, I have not tested on the newest version. I will hopefully be doing that in the next week or so.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:15 PM
next4ideas

Yeas, is there.

but the field "total of email" are not saving in DB
see:

This is a known bug, and should be fixed in one of our future versions. You can track progress on this problem here :

https://track.interspire.com/browse/IEM-92
Old 05-20-2014, 08:42 PM
Interspire Customer

I have version 6.0.2 and need this done. Any resolution on this yet?
Old 05-20-2014, 08:42 PM
Interspire Customer

I will pay for a plugin on this.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:05 AM
Interspire Customer

Angry

...so, I'm going to chime in. As Senior Manager of Digital Analytics responsible for Tool Strategy and Governance for an extremely large Fortune double-digit company, I think I can speak with some authority here. I evaluate tools all day long. I work with vendors to clarify their product road-maps, I escalate bugs when appropriate, and I facilitate feature requests from key stakeholders within our company, which has hundreds of thousands of employees. I've spent time in consulting, engineering and product development so I get the dev process.

That said, this a very serious bug. It's probably a P2, but it's so old that it's now decayed into a P1.

I've looked at the code and the database, ran a few tests and have come to the conclusion that this basic and important functionality is not working. It seems like an easy fix. I'm pretty skilled with MySQL and PHP and given a few days to work on the problem (with appropriate schemas and documentation), I could probably write a fix myself.

Of course I'm not going to do that. Why? Because I just paid you people a thousand dollars so I wouldn't have to!

This thread is over five years old. To me, that is absolutely unacceptable. I have no idea how this bug slipped through regression testing, but it needs to be fixed in your next maintenance release...period.

I'm hosting this software on quad-core, 3.3ghz dedicated server with 16gb of ram and two hard drives (one SATA and one SDD) that has absolutely nothing better to do with it's time than to run this application. I have clients (some of which are powerful members of Congress) who are paying me thousands of dollars for prepaid "email credits" to send messages using your software on my server. It is unacceptable in the extreme to expect me to manually calculate credit balances one account at a time from the User Account Statistics pane within the admin console. I require automated, proactive notification of users when their credits expire and an efficient way to add credits to user accounts when they write me a very large check.

It's bad enough that I just had to spend $400 on a multi-threading add-on because your sales team 'misinformed' me (intentionally or no) that this was a standard, out-of-the-box capability of your software. I will not continue to write checks for or subsidize the development of additional features which should have been included in your product from the beginning - especially when evidence suggests that those features were deprecated due to either negligence or thoughtlessness on the part of your product development team.

Last edited by dacumen; 02-22-2016 at 06:26 AM..
Old 02-23-2016, 05:09 PM
Interspire Customer

Hi Darel , as said earlier , we communicate via email from now on, since I will be no longer active on the forum.

PROMO : Signup today for our SMTP Relay services and receive a free license of our MPS Addon !

Bram Van Daele

TENEO SMTP relay services
http://esp.teneo.be

(Contact me directly)

Tags
email credits