BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > Customization and Integration

Old 09-20-2010, 01:31 PM
Interspire Customer

Default Deleting Contact Lists Issue

We are having issues deleting Contact Lists even after upgrading to the latest version (6.1.0) Has anyone else had this issue? When clicking the delete link next to a Contact List the browser just hangs for a couple minutes or so and displays a white screen. After closing the browser, opening, and getting logged back in the Contact List remains. Does anyone have any ideas in getting the delete Contact List functionality restored?
Old 09-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Interspire Customer

If this is a large list ... It might be a PHP timeout issue.
Look in your php.ini file for the time-out settings and set it to a large value for testing purposes.

What happens if you check the checkbox in front of the list and then coose "delete" under "actions" menu ?

PROMO : Signup today for our SMTP Relay services and receive a free license of our MPS Addon !

Bram Van Daele

TENEO SMTP relay services
http://esp.teneo.be

(Contact me directly)
Old 09-27-2010, 03:40 PM
carolinachris

Default Deleting Contact Lists Issue

I have the same problem where I cannot delete an individual Contact List using EVERY available option the program allows.

I have multiple licenses on separate servers and only one encounters the problem (it has had up to 14 Users and as few as 6 Users at a time). The Contact List can be small, medium, large or it can have ZERO contacts and it still cannot be deleted. I can delete an entire User account (and all the associated data including the Contact Lists), but just not any of the Contact Lists individually.

We have been through the support ticket process and have been told to adjust the buffer pool sizes. We have done this multiple times without any positive results. The problem seems to stem from error message, "The total number of locks exceeds the lock table size". We have repeatedly run the program and watched the processes in MySQL closely for other inefficiencies and simply come up dry.

If anyone else is having this problem (or has had the problem and FOUND a fix) PLEASE post your scenario and maybe we can all figure this one out.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:05 AM
Interspire Customer

I'm really dissapointed with the lack of support on this issue. I have always had this problem and have php/mysql tweaked. I just moved to a Quad proc with 8GB of RAM. This machine is loaded with power and I still have the problem. The removals take place, it just returns a white screen.

B
Old 01-06-2011, 08:46 PM
lukas

Hi,
we are having the same problem. It does not matter if we delete big or small contact list (with 2 contacts). It always takes over 5 minutes... This is quite a big problem for us. We do not get a white screen, but it takes ages to complete!!

We tried to place some indexes over the DB, but with only a small improvement..

ALTER TABLE `email_subscribers_data` ADD INDEX `subscriberid` (`subscriberid`);
ALTER TABLE `email_queues` ADD INDEX `recipient` (`recipient`)

Does any of you please have any clue, how to solve this?
Old 02-13-2011, 11:46 PM
Interspire Customer

We are having this same issue. Cannot delete mailing lists in version 6.1.0
Old 02-13-2011, 11:54 PM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinachris View Post
I have the same problem where I cannot delete an individual Contact List using EVERY available option the program allows.

I have multiple licenses on separate servers and only one encounters the problem (it has had up to 14 Users and as few as 6 Users at a time). The Contact List can be small, medium, large or it can have ZERO contacts and it still cannot be deleted. I can delete an entire User account (and all the associated data including the Contact Lists), but just not any of the Contact Lists individually.

We have been through the support ticket process and have been told to adjust the buffer pool sizes. We have done this multiple times without any positive results. The problem seems to stem from error message, "The total number of locks exceeds the lock table size". We have repeatedly run the program and watched the processes in MySQL closely for other inefficiencies and simply come up dry.

If anyone else is having this problem (or has had the problem and FOUND a fix) PLEASE post your scenario and maybe we can all figure this one out.
This is our exact problem too, did anyone get a solution to the problem?

It seems it is only for an upgraded version, the fresh install on the same server works.

Thanks
Old 12-17-2014, 07:23 PM
Interspire Customer

Default Solution

I used to have exactly the same problem.

I even had a list where i went through and deleted every contact in the list through the control panel, until it was empty, but I still got a timeout when trying to delete it.

there is a table in the database called: email_list_subscriber_events.

The function of this table is to store the tracking of subscriber events so that when you click the "plus" sign next to contacts in your lists, you can see events specific to that contact.

If you empty this table (not delete it) using PHPMyAdmin - operations - truncate or something similar, you will not only find that even very large lists will delete in seconds, but that the entire program will become incredibly more responsive.

Good Luck.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:35 AM
Interspire Customer

Just wanted to revisit this thread and see if there has been any other discoveries or solutions. I would rather not delete the subscriber events data of course but need to be able to delete lists... regardless the size.

Tags
delete contact list