BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > Customization and Integration

Old 06-10-2017, 12:30 AM

Exclamation Triggers Fail with Bad Email Address

We have hundreds of users in our IEM system using triggers to send out birthday e-cards to clients every month.

We recently discovered a bug in IEM 6.1.7 that completely clogged the trigger queue which in turn affected every user in our system.

Where was one bad email address in one contact list that contained a "." after the extension (ie: .com. ).

So on the day that this one contact was supposed to receive their birthday e-card the trigger failed because of the bad email address.

From that point forward NO birthday e-cards for any users in our IEM system where delivered during the next 90 days ( until we discovered the problem ).

I am wondering if any other IEM user has figured out a work-around for this bug.

I am looking for a way to prevent any user from saving an email address that contains any punctuation characters ( ie. . or , ) after the extension of an email address.

If I can figure out how to prevent this type of human error then we won't have to worry about a single bad email address completely crashing our triggers for every user in our IEM system.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:40 PM
Interspire Customer

I would suggest adding your customer "Verify" procedure in the PHP files for signup. And only return true result if it complies with your specific processes.

PROMO : Signup today for our SMTP Relay services and receive a free license of our MPS Addon !

Bram Van Daele

TENEO SMTP relay services
http://esp.teneo.be

(Contact me directly)

Tags
bug, email address, queue, triggers