BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Knowledge Manager Community Forum > Customization and Integration

Old 07-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Interspire Customer

Default is there a way to filter, or limit, search results?

Hi all, so I've got 3 main sections to my knowledgebase.

I would like to be able to make the search limited to one of these 3 sections at a time.

So, the user might type in "video player" and because they're in section #1 they get a different search resultset than if they're looking in section #2.

So, specifically - do I need to tag my articles in order to refine the search? What about putting all the articles for a certain section into a category called "section 1" or something like that?

Anyone know how this might work?

Thanks!
Old 07-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Interspire Customer

So far I've found that there is a $_REQUEST['Categories'] array that is used in the advance search page, which is passed to search.php.

I'm going to try and use this to see if I can narrow my search using this array - like just lump all my related articles into a category, pull out the integer value for that category, and then pass that by hardcoding it in the template page somehow.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Interspire Customer

Default Looks like that's it

Only, the array is a numerically based search array, so it looks like I"m going to have to figure out some way to translate an 'english' looking string into the correct category digit.