BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Knowledge Manager Community Forum > Customization and Integration

Old 05-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Interspire Customer

Question Hiding categories on dual installation

I'm testing out Knowledge Manager with 2 domains using 2 installs, 1 database, and separate embedded templates. It's working well as it will allow our cust svc reps to use 1 backend to create and search articles.

However, I'd like to only show public users a certain set of categories and articles on abc.com while showing a different set of categories on xyz.com. How can I limit the categories I show on a specific domain for public users? I don't want my public users to need to log in, so groups aren't an option, correct?

Any ideas are appreciated!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:00 PM
Interspire Customer

I am interested in learning how you accomplished implementing the knowledgemanager with two installs using two domains, one database and one backend. I may be in a similar situation as you:

I will need to have two installations/two embedded templates to satisfy my site's bilingual requirements (English and French). It would benefit me to have one backend to create articles, but also maintain the distinction between the two languages and potentially link together the English and French article version.

I look forward to your reply!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Interspire Customer

OntarioRev, That was a while ago, I unfortunately don't recall the process as we ended up not use an Interspire product for the job. Sorry to not be any help.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Interspire Customer

Thanks for your quick reply. Can you message me with the product you chose to use?
Old 01-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Interspire Customer

Don't need to be secretive as we ended up building a custom application utilizing the CodeIgniter PHP Framework. http://CodeIgniter.com/

Good luck!