BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Shopping Cart Community Forum > Customization and Integration > Code Modification and Addon Releases

Old 07-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Interspire Customer

Default Help with Header Layout over Flash

Guys,
i cant figure it out on our site I used to have an image banner. Everything was fine. Now I replaced image with flash and the categories/menus on top do not show up any more (see About Company ) or any other ones that should expand.

Any idea or help is apreciated

www.shophomemedia.com
Old 07-07-2009, 08:04 AM
Interspire Customer

Well first off, someone might move this posting to "customizations" ....

I have navigated the top layer of the site and I'm having trouble seeing the problem. On the homepage, there is the nice banner on top...should this be on all the pages?

To do some simple diagnostics, have you tried re-loading your old banner to see if the site displays as wanted? Also, how exactly did you setup your new flash banner? If it was through ISC admin maybe you overlooked a small checkbox in the creation of the new banner?

....and as an afterthought, if all you're doing is an image slider, there are a multitude of ways to do it faster and without the requirement of browser plugins. Of course, I am talking about JS, which has it's own downfalls (but is faster and much smaller).

In any case, get back with a few more details and I'm sure we could get your flash banner working fine on all pages (if that is in fact what's missing).

Cheers.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Interspire Customer

Looks fine to me..?