BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Website Publisher 5 > Customization and Integration

Old 02-18-2011, 04:45 AM
Interspire Customer

Default Comment Spam

Help! All of a sudden I am starting to get heaps of spam through the comments form (not the feedback forms, but the comments form). We've had our site for years, no comment spam at all, but all of a sudden in the last 24 hours we've had around 8 entries like this one:

uQKRqR mmqvurdmhvch, iiqtriochmph, [link=http://tqpcauyddehf.com/]tqpcauyddehf[/link], http://hpwybkzeupqj.com/

with no sign of stopping yet... This looks like automated spam, but how are they getting past the CAPTCHA? The captcha code is still working, so not sure how they're doing it...

Graeme
Old 03-20-2011, 01:15 AM
Interspire Customer

is nobody else having this problem then? I am sometimes getting 50 comment spam entries a day. how can they be bypassing the CAPTCHA? and why is it (apparently) not happening to anyone else?

G
Old 03-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Interspire Customer

I don't have the IWP system but I can't imagine it's too different from the ISC system... From what I remember I'm pretty sure I've had bot automated reviews (that use the captcha) there and given the IWP is a similar deal it probably applies.

This little nugget on how to change the code to use the reCaptcha system instead may be of use but you'll need to be fairly cognisant with PHP to figure it out.

Good luck.