BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > News and Product Updates

Old 09-11-2017, 05:42 AM
Interspire Customer

Scott, there are posts on this forum from 2014 from you telling us the same story about TinyMCE..

How about giving us a guide to replace the editor with a new version that we can purchase?

How about making a decision on replacing it with another editor? How many YEARS does it take?
Old 09-11-2017, 04:25 PM
Scott Smithwick (Interspire Staff) Scott Smithwick (Interspire Staff) is offline
Customer Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshop View Post
Scott, there are posts on this forum from 2014 from you telling us the same story about TinyMCE..

How about giving us a guide to replace the editor with a new version that we can purchase?

How about making a decision on replacing it with another editor? How many YEARS does it take?
2014 is around when they changed their licensing. The current editor still works. Replacing it is very low priority. Development time is restricted to bug / security patches. If it breaks completely or we get some additional development time then it's on the list.

Scott Smithwick
Interspire Manager
Toll-Free: 1 800 939 5570
US: 1 512 758 7618

"Web Software Inspired by You"
http://www.interspire.com/
Old 09-27-2017, 05:57 PM
Interspire Customer

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Smithwick (Interspire Staff) View Post
2014 is around when they changed their licensing. The current editor still works. Replacing it is very low priority. Development time is restricted to bug / security patches. If it breaks completely or we get some additional development time then it's on the list.
Scott... just throwing this out there: what if you leveraged some of the skilled external IEM developers who build their own addons, to collaborate with you to build an Interspire supported core updated editor using something else besides TinyMCE? A responsive editor that can be embedded like BeeFree, EDM Designer, Mosaico, Copernica's API, etc...

I would hope that some of the folks who build custom addons might be willing to participate in such a project...

I'm sure if you guys did this that many IEM clients would be happy to pay a one-time fee to get this, I sure would. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks!

Last edited by mrquality5; 09-27-2017 at 06:00 PM..