BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Shopping Cart Community Forum > Customization and Integration > Code Modification and Development Questions

Old 10-23-2008, 08:11 AM
Josh W (Interspire Staff)

Preview....
Attached Images
File Type: gif preview.gif (11.7 KB, 184 views)
Old 10-23-2008, 08:54 AM
Interspire Customer

Joshua...a great utility that will help people no end...hopefully it will find its way into the admin one day soon.

Just need the ability to zap the States/Provinces field in the Express Checkout now as well as the contents

PS. Noticed the link to this thread in the KB isn't clickable (http://www.interspire.com/support/kb...ing+options%3F)
Old 10-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Interspire Customer

Tried installing this one, but i get this message: Internal Server Error

Quote:
Known Bug:

If you click the link, but the page doesn't appear or if you get a database connection error, go back to your control panel and open the product edit menu (Products > View Products > Edit).

This will initiate the session necessary for the state/country management menu.
I cant find this "Edit" in "View Products". Does it mean editing any product? I tried that and still: Internal Server Error

Last edited by Onkel Sid; 10-23-2008 at 10:46 AM..
Old 10-23-2008, 03:29 PM

I actually updated the program one more time last night. When you don't have the session variable, the program will just take you back to the front page of your admin control panel. So that lets you know you need to edit any product (you don't even have to save, just open the edit product screen).

The Internal Server Error means the files can't be found...since you uploaded them, I imagine they haven't been placed in the right place yet. Open up the admin folder for your installation using FTP and confirm that there is an "ischack" folder in the list of folders.

If there is not, upload the ischack folder from the unzipped file to your server into the admin directory.

Let me know how it goes.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:36 PM

Thanks, Jonathan. I'll update that KB article to be a live link. What do you mean about Express Checkout exactly?

The program is updating the list of global countries and states and Express Checkout accesses that list.

For example, I just added the fictional country of Aard to my list of countries and it's showing up in the shipping/billing option of express checkout. Are you talking about something else?
Old 10-23-2008, 03:38 PM

Oh, never mind. You mean remove it entirely...I understand. Still working on that.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:47 PM

Thanks again Joshua. Gonna see if I get it right this time!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:40 PM

Hey, I just fixed a bug with this where some people were getting a PHP "file not there" message for an include_once in the file PullData.php. So if you've already downloaded the files and see that error, just download the most recent zip file again and it'll be fixed. I went back and updated the zip file.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Interspire Customer

Thanks Joshua. Works great.

I have a cople of questions:
1. If i delete a country with states like US, will the states be deleted too, or do i have to delete the states first and then the country?
2. I am going to delete every single country exept Norway. When that is done, is it OK to delete the states-field from the template-files?
Old 10-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Interspire Customer

Great hack, just deleted everything except us, I can't seem to find a way to remove states in the us though.