BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Shopping Cart Community Forum > Customization and Integration > Code Modification and Development Questions

Old 10-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Interspire Customer

I have removed every country exept one, and i would also like to remove the "states-field" from the html-template, but when i do this i get an error when trying to check out: Saying i need to enter state - even when this country dont have states. So my question: How do i remove the states-field in this html-template so i dont get this error? Can i insert any code or something so that the field is still there but not visible for customers?
Old 10-31-2008, 06:06 PM

Johshua,

I tried version 4.0 to add a county or two. It worked really well. Some minor refinements would be welcome if you have the time:

I find the green background really jarring after coming from a grey CP. Can it not match it in some measure?

The labeling State / Region is OK but not strictly correct. Regions tend not to have borders, so aren't shipped to (AFAIK). It would be more correct to say States/Counties (OK, I'm UK based, but I think it's applicable elsewhere).

I would also call the menu item in CP Countries/States.

I did say these were minor points. Thanks for taking the time to create the hack. Much appreciated.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Josh W (Interspire Staff)

I'll add in a "Delete all states for this country" option with the next version. I'm also going to change it to be an admin class & template for the next version so there won't be a disconnect in design between the two like there is now. I'll post it here when I'm done.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Interspire Customer

Send a message via AIM to tehrabbit Send a message via MSN to tehrabbit Send a message via Yahoo to tehrabbit

I installed this and went to delete all countries we do not ship to and got this message:

Could not open 'dbaccess.php' file for writingNo database selected

Any suggestions?
Old 11-25-2008, 12:26 AM

Yes, you need to CHMOD the permissions for dbaccess to 757.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:23 AM
Interspire Customer

I have installed this (on ISC 4.0.1) but when I browse to

/mycart/admin/ischack - it just goes straight to the main admin page?

Any ideas?
Old 12-08-2008, 01:55 PM

When you don't have the session variable, the program will just take you back to the front page of your admin control panel. So that lets you know you need to edit any product (you don't even have to save, just open the edit product screen).

Product -> View Products -> Edit (any product) -> Settings -> States/Countries
Old 12-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Interspire Customer

Ah, no worries. I had not seen that new settings menu item either. Last night I jsut went into the DB and did it that way, but good to know!

Now I get
Access denied for user 'apache'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

...which means I need to mod a config file but it's not obvious where that is. Am I missing some instructions somewhere??

Last edited by bossanova808; 12-08-2008 at 10:59 PM..
Old 01-09-2009, 06:49 PM
raninc

Quote:
Warning: fopen(dbaccess.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/teenva23/public_html/store/admin/ischack/PullData.php on line 55
Could not open 'dbaccess.php' file for writingAccess denied for user 'nobody'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
hi !

i don't seach file dbaccess.php for chmod.

please help me!

thank you!
Old 01-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Interspire Customer

works great, however, can i recommend using a text box where you can multiple select instead of a dropdown for the countries. Would make it much faster!