BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Shopping Cart Community Forum > News and Product Updates

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Interspire Customer

Default Ideas: Please vote: Global variation template

http://ideas.interspire.com/forums/3...-int?ref=title

GLOBAL VARIATION TEMPLATES THAT AREN'T TIED TO A PRODUCT WHEN YOU APPLY THEM TO A SPECIFIC PRODUCT. CAN BE MAINTAINED OUTSIDE OF THE INVDIVIDUAL PRODUCT. CAN BE COMBINED WITH PRODUCT SPECIFIC VARIATIONS AS WELL.

THIS WOULD REDUCE THE WORK TO KEEP YOUR PRODUCTS UPDATED.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:02 AM
Interspire Customer

please include the facebook like this button!
Old 08-03-2010, 03:38 AM
Interspire Customer

I got all of my issues resolved quickly today, 3 tickets at once and good help.

It seems as though they go in spurts and help ISC customers. Its seems like they are hiring a bunch of people and opening new offices, so I don't understand the inconsistencies in support.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Interspire Customer

Is it possible for Interspire to be a little faster at the updates. Maybe offer smaller updates instead of complete jumps which take so long to get to market.

In my 1-year support I've only gotten one decent release and my support is running out.

Seems unfair. I've paid a hefty price and am not getting the value out of it. IMO.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:21 AM

So I'm guessing there is no solid ETA for the new 6.0 version of ISC? Sorry, new here.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:40 AM
snooper

Default Ver.6

Implied end of month.. seen mentioned it's already ver.6.x ??

How does that happen..??
Old 08-06-2010, 11:36 PM

Thanks for the update! Hmmmm... Well, I can only imagine that lots of bugs found through testing = new version numbers , though usually new versions are reserved for post release updates in other software I've seen.

Oh well, as long as it arrives soon and it works, it can be called V7 for all I care.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooper View Post
Implied end of month.. seen mentioned it's already ver.6.x ??

How does that happen..??
I think that's "by design". The faster ISC can get to the next "whole number" (or half-number) release, the sooner they can stop supporting older versions and coerce non-programmers to pay for an upgrade.

Call me a cynic, but at the current rate, I imagine the next release will be 7.0... a convenient and effective way to avoid having to offer any sort of discounted "next-whole-number" upgrade to everyone who owns a 5.x product.

Oh, I kid the folks at Interspire. It's just a joke. (Or is it?)
Old 08-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Interspire Customer

For anyone who needs it, Interspire's contact details are:

USA: 1800-939-5570
Australia: 02-9262-7770
UK: +44 (0)20 3151 3000

I very much doubt the person on the end of the phone will be of any use, but just thought I'd publish them before it gets cleared from google.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:54 AM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooper View Post
...Also If you look at Contact Us page there three points of contact are now just one !! They are directing users back to the Support page or an expensive call to the US to their time zone, so even less assistance for UK,EU or other non-state users..
Wow, the change to their contact page implies a lot. It seems strange that Interspire's country of origin (Australia) now doesn't rate a mention. I suspect that the the Australian office will now focus solely on BC (source: http://www.bigcommerce.com/ecommerce...ice-renovated/ ). It's all very confusing. I wouldn't ordinarily care about such things but this shifting of responsibilities is evidently having a detrimental impact on the quality of the products and support provided by Interspire. I don't really care what happens so long as the customers aren't forgotten amidst all the wheeling and dealing going on behind the scenes.
Closed Thread