BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Shopping Cart Community Forum > News and Product Updates

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 06:25 AM
Administrator

Smile Interspire Shopping Cart 4.0 Released

Hi everyone!

Version 4.0 of Interspire Shopping Cart is now officially released. To learn about new features, see the 10 new store designs and get upgrade information, please see my blog post:

http://www.interspire.com/content/blogs/413/

Mitchell Harper
Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer, Interspire
Email: mitchell.harper [AT] interspire [DOT] com
Phone (AUS): +612 9262-7770
Old 10-16-2008, 02:42 AM
Interspire Customer

Send a message via Skype™ to steve22
Default looks good

Hi Mitch,

looks excellent will upgrade as soon as 4.0.1 is out.

However had a look at the video and the implementation of custom fields I see some potential problems

I would think that you build in a limitation of characters especially for the engraving which you use as a sample I would assume that there is a limit of characters the customer should be able to enter as most custom engravings or T-shirts have a space?

Just a thought.

Steve
Old 10-23-2008, 08:33 AM
Interspire Customer

Default Discount Rules

Release 4 is great - thank you! I am continually amazed by how fast ISC has grown and the features that are continually being added. Of course with every release, you receive comments and suggestions from people like me in the "peanut gallery". So here goes...

The one feature I was REALLY looking forward to is the new ability to apply discounts for bulk purchases (buy 3, get 1 free, etc.). However, I am disappointed to find that you cannot use the discounts if you have product variations. All of my products have variations (it's clothing, so they all have sizes and colors). It would be very beneficial if a future version could include the ability to apply these discounts to products with variations - and identify if the discount is dependent on the variation. In our specific case, we want to apply the discounts if they order a certain number of the same product - not necessarily the same configuration of that product (for example: 3 of a certain shirt, not 3 of the same size and color).

Thank you again for the continued updates to a great program!
Old 11-10-2008, 08:11 PM

Default Buy 3 Get 1 Free...

Yup. I want the same thing but I do not want to do it with discounts. I want to do it with what it says on the box and in my case, buy 4 get one free, buy 5 get two free and buy 6 get 3 free. The checkout will have the correct number of items ie 5, 7 or 9 whereas the customer price is for 6 items at full price plus 3 items at no charge.

Further, I want to be able to use a PHP pop up to do this when a customer enters a number in the cart quantity box. The pop up would, in this example, offer the three variations or dismiss. The pop up would be cart enabled so that choosing an option would update the cart from there. A confirmation would be given before the box disappears. The customer would then be prompted to consider complementary products, all without leaving the page, ajax style. This could be repeated at checkout.

In my case, I want avoid 'Discounting' because it devalues the product and is also difficult to control.

Malcolm Patten
http://foreveraloeshopping.com
Old 11-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flpteam
Yup. I want the same thing but I do not want to do it with discounts. I want to do it with what it says on the box and in my case, buy 4 get one free, buy 5 get two free and buy 6 get 3 free. The checkout will have the correct number of items ie 5, 7 or 9 whereas the customer price is for 6 items at full price plus 3 items at no charge.
Hi flpteam...I would post in this thread so we have 'all thoughts' together for this module.

The use of the word discounting is semantic and although you don't want to use the phrase - the reality is that you are discounting the basket value as an incentive to sell through more product.

You will see from the above example of how this module can be built, and getting 'extra items free' is incorporated in the process.

Look forward to your thoughts.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:34 AM

Hmmm. I shall do as you suggest Jonathan and I see that you are using Knowledge Manager at your site. Am encouraged and I shall watch what you do with interest.

Yesterday was the first time I looked at the forum and I confess to being slightly confused as to where I should post. I see that I should have done more reading before I put pen to paper. Ready FIRE Aim...

Malcolm Patten
Old 11-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flpteam
Hmmm. I shall do as you suggest Jonathan and I see that you are using Knowledge Manager at your site. Am encouraged and I shall watch what you do with interest.

Yesterday was the first time I looked at the forum and I confess to being slightly confused as to where I should post. I see that I should have done more reading before I put pen to paper. Ready FIRE Aim...
If you have any specific questions regarding KM let me know...with regards to forum posts...'publish and be damned' is good enough for me
Old 11-12-2008, 04:21 AM
Administrator

Discount rules will take care of that webshack and flpteam. We've been through about 3 different interfaces for discount rules so far but we've found one that's working well - they will be included in the 4.5 release early next year.

Mitchell Harper
Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer, Interspire
Email: mitchell.harper [AT] interspire [DOT] com
Phone (AUS): +612 9262-7770
Old 11-12-2008, 04:36 AM

Marvellous! What a New Years gift! Jan 2nd eh? lol...

Thank you very much.

Malcolm Patten
Old 11-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Interspire Customer

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch (Interspire Staff)
Discount rules will take care of that webshack and flpteam. We've been through about 3 different interfaces for discount rules so far but we've found one that's working well - they will be included in the 4.5 release early next year.
Mitch...would you be brave enough to release a 'beta test' pre-launch on this to everyone, or at least a user testing team?
Closed Thread