BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Shopping Cart Community Forum > News and Product Updates

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long_inn View Post
"PHP 5.1.3 or higher is required to run Interspire Shopping Cart." What is it?
My PHP version is 5.2.3 , how to install this version Interspire Shopping cart 4.0?
Help me, thanks alot.
Can I downgrade Interspire shopping cart PHP version or upgrade my PHP version to 5.1.3 by a advance script?
What are you talking about? If you have 5.2.3 then you're all set. That is higher than 5.1.3...
Old 01-29-2009, 11:08 PM
Interspire Customer

Default V. 4.5?

Any idea on when 4.5 will come out? I would like to update, though I don't have time to update on ever version. Any help is appreciated.

Chris Winkler
http://eyespypro.com
Old 01-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinkler View Post
Any idea on when 4.5 will come out? I would like to update, though I don't have time to update on ever version. Any help is appreciated.
Best info has come from this thread - no official word as yet.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Interspire Customer

When you want to upgrade but have had past customisation work done, what do you do to keep this? Do you upgrade certain parts only?
Old 02-23-2009, 07:48 PM

Exclamation When will 4.5 or 5 come out?

Hi,

Does anyone know when will 4.5 come out? I heard from support that there is no more 4.5 but waiting to release 5.0. (ETA is still unknown)

I am still evaluating ISC, it is a great cart but I need the functionalities of 4.5.

My critical need is product variations with bulk discounts and simple promotions such as free products with purchase, free shipping when $x spend. (4.0.3 does not support)

I am currently using CScart, which has all the functionalities, but I like the smooth integration and process of ISC.

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2009, 03:17 AM
Interspire Customer

Default 4.04 is out

Just noticed 4.04 tonight. Having problems with my 4.03 upgrade, and I wish I could get replies sooner, though I am know I am not the only client, frustrating when your store is down and you can't do anything but wait for an answer. Lost sales is lost money to us, and imagine that our support expires today! Sigh... :0(

Variations are the weakest link in the cart, forget about a complicated 5 x 5 matrix for now, let alone a 10 x 10 matrix that I need for a computer DVR with many options; it just won't work, as it takes the page off line & wipes out the misc info like meta tags & description. I am forced to add options as additional pages. Not sure when they will address that.

And I wish they could make adding related options easier, ones that show on the same page what else they would need to order, like brackets or adapters, etc.

One day it will be a world class cart, though for now I am limited on what I can sell.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:12 PM
djslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinkler View Post
Variations are the weakest link in the cart, forget about a complicated 5 x 5 matrix for now, let alone a 10 x 10 matrix that I need for a computer DVR with many options; it just won't work, as it takes the page off line & wipes out the misc info like meta tags & description. I am forced to add options as additional pages. Not sure when they will address that.
This sounds exactly like a problem we used to have. On some of our products we have 3 options for product variation (size, colour, style) which in our case results in close to 100 combinations.

The problem above in our case was caused by the suhosin extension which was running on the server used by our hosting provider. The settings php_value suhosin.request.max_vars and php_value suhosin.post.max_vars were set too low and resulted in some of the product information fields not being sent back to the server when the save button was clicked. This did exactly what you've outlined above.

Our host did increase these settings up to 750 from the default of 200, however as each product variation uses upwards of 6 variables this still didn't end up being enough for us. We eventually moved to a VPS where we could control these settings and have had trouble free product variations ever since.

Interspire have a knowledge base article here.

Hope this is of some help to you.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Interspire Customer

Default Thanks for the tip...

We also moved to a VPS, so we will try that, though it really is a nightmare to have to fill in over 100 -200 prices and variations.

Interspire, I challenge you to make a better variations. Let the darn computer determine the price changes and item numbers if we can just put in the basic info.

I need to set up a spreadsheet to make sure I have very variation with every price in every style. It really is hellish trying to make sure each additional price is the right one for that specific mix of additions.

There has to be a better way for multiple variations...
CW
Old 03-03-2009, 03:10 AM
Interspire Customer

I have looked at my database logs a couple times, and according to it something in ISC is eating up a lot of resources. Considering that we only have about 20 items entered so far while we test it out, it appears that some of the join functions are far from optimal.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Whaweeftetelf

Default Interspire Shopping Cart 4 0 Released

Thing is I know for a fact that IPB3 is being released either this month or early next month. As of right now RC2 is out and the majority of code is as it will be. They are telling developers to start developing now so that they will have their product or code out by the time the Final version is released. RC2 will be the last RC version.
Closed Thread