BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Shopping Cart Community Forum > Customization and Integration > Code Modification and Addon Releases

Old 03-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Interspire Customer

have tried to re-install the mod, but only getting special delivery for the uk whe cutomer selects shipping method
Old 03-18-2009, 10:53 PM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlever View Post
have tried to re-install the mod, but only getting special delivery for the uk whe cutomer selects shipping method
Ok... the FTP and other login information requested by PM would help me work out what might be going on.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Interspire Customer

Found a small but unrelated bug in the original code:

Open: module.royalmail.test.tpl
Find:
Code:
%%LNG_WeightUnit%%
Replace with:
Code:
%%GLOBAL_WeightUnit%%
That's not my mod btw... it's a bug in the original 4.0.6.

Still looking for other issues.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Interspire Customer

Right...

With the code marathon I went on last night I've opted to use the time wisely and I've completed the necessary update that will allow the seamless (he says confidently) changeover from the 2008-09, to the 2009-10 pricelists.

The code includes a buffer zone which is configurable (although you've got to edit the code directly) of X hours (default = 24) so the prices will be used 24 hours earlier than they actually go into effect. The rational being that you don't want a customer ordering 5Kg of stuff at 11:45pm on the 5th April 2009 thus leaving you to pay out an extra £3 because the cost at the post office will be higher in the morning.

Of course you could make it a marketing exercise and say you're leaving the prices at 2008 rates for X days in which case you would need to set $rm_datebuffer to a negative figure in hours (eg: 3 days = -72).

I've written in some sanity checking and failover code as well to ensure that you shouldn't (unless you really mess up) hit major problems.
The code now checks that the datafile actually exists and if not, looks for a preceding years prices until it defaults back to the original price list.

It will also write an error to the log if a data file is missing...
Tip: Always check the quote test function in the shipping > Royal Mail settings to make sure it's all working properly before you let it go live!

I'm in the process of updating my distro on snailsource in the next few minutes so it should be live by 3pm today.

It is still contribution ware (see first post) and there are no problems with 4.0.6 compatibility based on 7+ hours looking.

Cheers

Martin
Old 04-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Interspire Customer

The problem reported earlier appears to have been specific to one user so there's no indication that there ever was a bug. As a result I've now released the Royal Mail Advanced Mod as version 1.0.

Of course the main reason for this post is to remind folks that the prices for Royal Mail go up on April 6th 2009 which is only a few days away.

As far as I know Interspire haven't updated their own module so at bare minimum you will need to update the data file to relate to the new pricing.

If you're looking to update the information manually then the info you need to complete the changeover is available from RoyalMail here:
ftp://ftp.royalmail.com/Downloads/pu...ublication.pdf

For anyone using my mod', if you haven't already, grab the latest version from here* and get it installed ASAP!

This includes a script that will automatically switch over to the new pricing 24 hours before the change, so you aren't out of pocket on your last "old price" day.

Cheers

Martin

*details on how to get the mod are available here
Old 04-06-2009, 12:06 AM
Interspire Customer

Just spotted a minor error in the 2009 pricelist which has been corrected...

The International Surface Mail prices for items under 100g was out by 10p. This is now fixed.

Version 1.0.1-2009 now released and available from the Snailsource site.

Remember that 2009 prices are now in effect.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Interspire Customer

Default Adv RM module : version 1.0.2-2009 released

Right... After a very thorough testing session and double checking the data against the latest reference sheets available on RoyalMail I discovered an additional discrepancy in the data I was provided some months ago when I first queried the changes with Royal Mail.

Net result is that the International and European Airmail rates were out for some items over 1Kg by around 10p. This has since been corrected and the new data incorporated into the 1.0.2-2009 release.

I have also identified the country codes for the Canary Islands and added a user defined code for Kosovo (because it seems the ISO can't recognise Kosovo as a country yet).

To add these countries and the appropriate codes to your country database you need to run the SQL below.

Code:
INSERT INTO `isc_countries` (`countryname` ,`countryiso2`) VALUES ('Kosovo', 'XK');
INSERT INTO `isc_countries` (`countryname` ,`countryiso2`) VALUES ('Canary Islands', 'IC');

Hopefully this will be the last bug fix for a while but as always you do need to overwrite the existing files in order to upgrade to the newest version.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Interspire Customer

Right... at the request of a potential user I've managed to add in some new functionality that may tempt a few more of you.

Release: 1.0.3b (Beta)

New Feature:
  • Adds option to force customers to use a tracked/recorded shipping service (eg: 1st class recorded, Airsure) for orders over a certain value
  • Options provided in module configuration allowing admin to set order limit before tracking required
  • UK and International limits and settings seperated to allow more fine tuning
  • Get quote functionality upgraded to allow input of a test order value to check trigger point

I've also opted to change the terms of purchase on this so please check the first post for more on that.

The new features are still beta code although I have given that a thorough run through I'm aware that others may find a quirk that I missed.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:37 AM
Interspire Customer

Just to note that I have not yet had a chance to download and test the updated code in version 4.0.8.

I would recommend you wait until I do get the module tested and edited to incorporate the changes made in this update before updating your own site.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Interspire Customer

Just to note that this module does work with 5.0 - 5.0.3 as there is no significant difference in the shipping module system between major versions 4 and 5.