BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Shopping Cart Community Forum > Customization and Integration > Code Modification and Addon Releases

Old 07-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Interspire Customer

Just to update..

I've now added a screencast of the module which provides an overview of functionality in the back and front end.

Additionally I've used the opportunity to test out the bigcommerce system by putting my modules on a new SnailSolutions store so purchasing is a bit easier now.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Interspire Customer

Just to note that there was a minor bug in the code that resulted in a PHP warning error on shipping rates as soon as the New Year kicked in.

I've fixed this and posted up a bug fix here:
http://www.interspired.net/forum/vie...p?p=1500#p1500

The fix includes new sanity checking code that will help avoid this problem in 2011... Stupid error on my part so no excuse really... Thankfully not a deal breaker and my thanks to Jack for giving me the heads up so quickly.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:24 AM
Interspire Customer

For anyone using 5.5 or thinking about it... This module is NOT tested with 5.5 and I have no intention of upgrading properly to do the requisite testing until the plethora of issues being reported by keen 5.5.1 upgraders have been fixed.

That said, as near as I can tell, there shouldn't be any changes that require bug fixes at this stage...

Also, as a sidenote.. RoyalMail will be increasing their prices again this April so a new data file will be released to mod customers in due course...

Oh and Interspire still haven't updated their pricing tables to 2009-10 levels in the 5.5.1 release... just in case anyone was wondering.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Interspire Customer

Hi Im using interspire shopping cart:
Product Version: 5.5.4
Product Edition: Ultimate

I need 'signed for' options in UK etc...
Will your module do the trick, or are there alternatives I can get?
Im very frustrated that a cart of such expense does not include such a function.
Also, when purchased and installed is there an update function on it, or how do we get updated pricing?
Old 03-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbles View Post
Hi Im using interspire shopping cart:
Product Version: 5.5.4
Product Edition: Ultimate

I need 'signed for' options in UK etc...
Will your module do the trick, or are there alternatives I can get?
Hi,

The module is not yet tested on 5.5.4 but basically if you are happy for me to debug in place (ie: give me access to fix it) I'd be happy to resolve any bugs (if any exist).

I don't anticipate any problems though as the original module code for shipping doesn't appear to have changed at all since 5.0.6.

Quote:
Im very frustrated that a cart of such expense does not include such a function.
Also, when purchased and installed is there an update function on it, or how do we get updated pricing?
You get 18 months of updates which will include a new pricing sheet each April (assuming Royal Mail keep putting their prices up ) so that means I'll be releasing a new data file in the next few days.

If you've got any other questions though, fire away and I'll do my best to answer them promptly for you.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Interspire Customer

Youre a gent, Websnail. I'll be in touch shortly I think.
Many thanks for your help. Its very much appreciated.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbles View Post
Youre a gent, Websnail. I'll be in touch shortly I think.
Many thanks for your help. Its very much appreciated.
You're welcome...

I'll answer any queries tomorrow... *notes look he's getting from his wife*
Old 04-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Interspire Customer

Version 1.0.7 with the latest pricing information for April 4th 2011 - 2012 is now available:
http://snailsol.mybigcommerce.com/pr...ed-Module.html

For those who have already purchased this, please remember that the original purchase came with a maintenance period of 18 months so you may need to renew to get access to the latest version.

... and just quick apology for missing the start point by more than a few hours. Illness over the last week meant I was unable to get to this until today.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:49 AM
Interspire Customer

Just to note that version 1.0.11 has been released with a number of updates:
  • April 2012 - 13 prices data now included
  • Parcelforce 24/48 service added for UK (Basic)
  • Tracked Next Day and Standard services added (See notes)
  • Splits International orders into 2kg max packages automatically
  • Ability to force Special Delivery when order value over £Y now (seperate from force recorded)
  • Allows store owner to add 20% VAT to shipping prices to account for VAT costs.

Re: Tracked
The data on this is not set to a single rate as I'm trying to spread the costs of the latest RM price increases using the old logic of heavier = more expensive to offset the cost for smaller/lighter items... So, if you need Tracked you'll need to let me know your rates so I can provide corrected data sheet.

I am also working on a contract rates version of this module as my own needs have changed in this regard, so that will be released as a seperate module in the future.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Interspire Customer

The latest release of this module is now out...

The new version includes the long promised Large Letter services including 1st/2nd Class and Recorded options.

In particular the new version will screen out (ie: remove) any quotes for packet services of the same type if the large letter rate is available.
eg: If an order can be sent 1st Class Large Letter it will drop the 1st Class [Packet] rate.
This ensures there's no confusion over which 1st Class service a customer should be choosing.

If there's anyone still using the old modules without updated pricing I really would recommend upgrading ASAP as the old prices will be losing you money... Yes, including anyone who upgraded to 6.1.8..