BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Website Publisher 5 > News and Product updates

Old 03-06-2009, 05:50 AM
Interspire Customer

Hmmmm it appears that WP5 also doesn't allow you to search article content or additional article pages (only the summaries get indexed). This feature used to be available by default in v4 but was removed when the search script was rewritten for v4.5. Please please can you implement this basic feature. I won't bother upgrading until it has been done.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybegood View Post
Hmmmm it appears that WP5 also doesn't allow you to search article content or additional article pages (only the summaries get indexed). This feature used to be available by default in v4 but was removed when the search script was rewritten for v4.5. Please please can you implement this basic feature. I won't bother upgrading until it has been done.
You can search the body content in IWP5. Does it mention somewhere that you can't?

When you go to the advanced search page you can select what you want to search in: [ ] Title [ ] Content [ ] Author. "Content" includes both the summary and actual content.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Interspire Customer

Ah yes, there's a slight problem getting the demo front-end to behave perfectly when creating new content from the back-end. I managed to get the search to bring up results for the "content" but I still cannot get search results for text within the "additional pages". Am I missing something or is this not possible?

It'd be nice if you could fill the demo with more default articles so that we can better explore the features of this script because when creating new content ourselves the front-end seems to be rather temperamental when displaying the newly created content.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Interspire Customer

If using Google Chrome, the WYSIWYG Editor and some other features don't show up. It works fine in IE & Firefox.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:15 AM
KKKNNN

Default Brass air fittingshttp://www.liangdianup.com/index.htm

Now that is a lot of brass air fittings there is just about every type
of air fitting that you could want. Wholesale prices too. I guess these could be used as small water pipe fitting also. I
used some of the parts to make my babington wvo buraue
Old 03-13-2009, 01:06 PM
paul_never

Angry the missing features

Hello,
I purchased IWP few days ago, (I knew about ArticleLive from the past..)
and I faced the same issues discussed in this thread.

At first I was looking for the Glossary option, but I was told 4.5.13 was the latest that has this feature.

But the community aspect of WP is essential, I need to let visitors contribute to the site.

Can someone answer whether it is reasonably possible to integrate this
feature as modules (3rd party code) into the current framework of WP5 ? I read that the modules documentation is to be released soon?

Also instead, I'd find useful at least to assign only blogs to users and them be able to post. But also implementing category tree for blog postings.

I'm looking forward to see the developer documentation, I really hope it will offer me the possibility and flexibility to add the features I need.

IWP5 is by far the best CMS I ever saw, and I am really disappointed that some features are not available, and no release date announced.

thankyou

Paul
Old 04-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Interspire Customer

Did anybody import quite large site from the previous ArticleLive? I have about 370 Articles to import, some of them with several pages, and some were pretty heavy commented. While users, categories, blogs, news are done pretty fast, I have try to install and import article content twice yesterday. The second time import process was working about 3 hours and only 169 articles was imported so far. There is no indication of progress at all, and it is very difficult to say if the programm is doing anything, or just frozen. Also there is no pause and resume option, so I could not continue importing today - it start doing it all over. So I have to do it the whole process (deleting, installing and importing) again. I just wonder how much time should it take?
Old 04-25-2009, 01:06 AM
Interspire Customer

I'm yet to see anyone reporting a successfully imported/upgraded website. That's why I'm just hanging around until they figure out what the issue is. Maybe I'm stuck with the 4.5 series...
Old 08-14-2009, 04:17 AM
Mark

I wish I had seen this thread before I upgraded. The one main reason I bought Interspire Website Publisher was, as described above, for "the ability for a visitor to the website to request the ability to be an article contributor. Once approved, they could fill out forms right on the web site that generate new blog entries, articles, etc. No need to give them access to the control panel."

Is there a way to downgrade to the old version that did what I paid for?

Thanks.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:00 PM

Angry Front end login and article submission

When/If are you going to introduce this great feature, which was in 4.5 back into 5.0?

I need to allow authors to log on to my website and let them submit content, but I can't do this with 5. I don't want to give access to the back-end. Please introduce this feature soon, I can't use 5 and I've paid for a renewal maintenance contract so you won't give me a refund. I feel let down by the service. $200 down the drain!