BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Shopping Cart Community Forum > E-Commerce and Selling Online

Old 05-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Interspire Customer

Yes, would have to agree - we have given up on ISC, after a long wait it still did not have the features that we needed, or they did not work right (or as advertised, same thing).

After we reached the end of the three month support, we decided it was just not worth the time and effort - seemed like every time we turned around it was another paid "upgrade". 50% more + support is just insane for a product that never did what we paid for.

Sad part is, after tossing $2000 and several weeks into it, we have basically just tossed it into the trash can and moved on.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:24 AM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsun View Post
moved on.
where did you go? ISC could be great but i think they are trying to get the hosted version online rather than improve current version.

Vote for Preorder \ Backorder Functionality
http://ideas.interspire.com/pages/sh...-functionality

Vote for better shipping calculations, multiple boxes, etc.
http://ideas.interspire.com/pages/35...oxes?ref=title
Old 05-15-2009, 06:06 AM
Interspire Customer

Currently trying out Aspdotnetstorefront trial, but otherwise we are still on Yahoo Stores until we find something that will work for sure.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Interspire Customer

Good luck Windsun!

If you find Nirvana in an e-cart let us know!
Old 05-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtd View Post
where did you go? ISC could be great but i think they are trying to get the hosted version online rather than improve current version.
Really, I love ISC, very solid but, need some -essential- modules, and even develop new features, need to improve actual modules

Heinz
Old 08-31-2010, 09:17 PM
Interspire Customer

so basically the "screw job" concept is catching on elsewhere.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:13 AM
Interspire Customer

I'll just add my experience here.

We hired a firm to make a Magento site for us last year...we got a very pretty site, but trying to learn how to maintain it was a nightmare compared to the ease of keeping our ISC site up to date with new products. etc.

So, on the basis of being able to have non-technical employees make changes/updates to the website (basic things, the more complex I do) we stayed with ISC.

We have also wasted $16,000 on NetSuite, and then before that $5,000 or so on OrderMotion....both of which were horrible and we never even got a site up and running with them.

The only thing, imo, really lacking with ISC is the ability to generate shipping labels automatically. StoneEdge order mgr has had this for years (our current system) and NetSuite also has it.

Hopefully this will be addressed in v6 though.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:07 AM

Default Mage

I have spent the last 18 months looking for a new cart system and order managment system to sit behind it to join all our selling channels together.

We have begun and aborted development on various platforms including Jshop, Cubecart (our current store), cs-cart etc.. we toyed with Magento community edition a year ago and have looked with fresh eyes at the Enterprise edition. And we have to say that its got some brilliant features, that on the surface are equalled by other carts but take a look at some of them in detail and we have been really impressed by Magento EE. So much so that we are about to sign up. Thhe multi store features amongst others mage the cost per store an acceptable cost now.

We have also tried Stoneedge (the UK Stoneedge consultant did a runner when he saw our spec), orderwise, unable to do anything but charge a fortune for the most basic cart integration, Mail order manager (have a terrible support reputation).. we have settled on Linnworks with lots of custom development to give us exactly what we want.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahcoyote View Post
Hey Jonathan, I do have a website showcasing my wares but unfortunately it's way out of date! http://www.jonahcoyote.com

I'm missing some important sites like:

http://www.littlebeepress.com (Business Catalyst site)
http://www.selcarim.net (Ultra Cart site)
http://www.lightplayphoto.com (Wordpress e-Commerce site)

- Jonah

Such a very amazing link!
Thanks you for the post.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:02 AM
KerryMorvel

Arrow

As for me, BigCommerce has everything that good shopping cart should have.
This platform is intuitive and user-friendly. It is also one of the most feature-rich
hosted carts. The security and support level is high, so you don't need to worry about this aspects.
On the other hand, the choice of shopping cart is a responsible procedure. You should consider different sides.
I'd suggest you to check this article about BigCommerce.

Cheers!

Tags
magento open source