BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Website Publisher 5 > News and Product updates

Old 04-22-2009, 06:07 AM

Default Maintenance Version 5.0.6

Today we released Interspire Website Publisher 5.0.6.

This release improves stability with numerous bug fixes.

This version is now available from the Interspire Client Area for those with a valid maintenance contract.

If you're experiencing problems upgrading to, or after upgrading to Interspire Website Publisher 5.0.6 please submit a support ticket from the Interspire Client Area.

Change log for this version:

Code:
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Changelog for Interspire Website Publisher 5.0.6
# Released 22nd April 2009
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Bug #4493: Non-latin characters bugged in category save success message
* Bug #4540: Extra slash in error message "Your passwords don\'t match..." when saving a user
* Bug #4744: Contact form options display on content when module is disabled
* Bug #4862: When pasting in JS that has CDATA tags already, the HTML comments are still added
* Bug #4875: If section .php files not writable, no error returned (e.g. tpl_home_left.php)
* Bug #4878: Clear cache doesn't clear tinymce gzip cache files
* Bug #4883: Additional pages would display in reverse order on the frontend
* Bug #4884: Google sitemaps are not listed as not in 5.0 during importer
* Bug #4885: 'Marquee' tags are stripped out from HTML in TinyMCE
* Bug #4887: 'Display order' field's links for 'First Position' etc. don't return false
* Bug #4889: Uploading an image in tinymce on the categories page would result in a JS error
* Bug #4897: When creating a list, the position drop down says 'Website Design' instead of 'website layout'
* Bug #4898: Long URLs in a 'custom list of links' do not save.
* Bug #4901: Clicking save twice quickly saves 2 items
* Bug #4904: "Hide From Menus/Lists" doesn't work for sub-categories
* Bug #4910: Undefined index in api/class.module.php
* Bug #4912: When creating a new list, the matchtype would save as 'OR' even if it was 'AND'
* Bug #4916: Recent comments are not updated when a comment is deleted
* Bug #4917: When a server disables phpinfo(), a user can't install
* Bug #4918: When creating a new Web Page and there are errors, IE throws a JS error
* Bug #4930: Capitalized file extensions on uploaded files
* Bug #4941: Sorting news items doesn't affect the list of news items
* Bug #4943: Styleguide processor outputs some tags as invalid XHTML
* Bug #4945: Placeholders stay on Website Layout even after closing iModal via [x], not 'Cancel'
* Bug #4946: Content lists with comments can cause invalid XHTML
* Bug #4947: Category front-end cache is not updated when categories are updated, deleted, re-ordered in control panel
* Bug #4956: Articles without pages are not imported
* Bug #4967: Email to friend not using 'yourname'
* Bug #4971: Saving a user without a user group results in no success or error message

* Feature #4903: Allow related links to append to the bottom of the left and right menus, not just the top
* Feature #4938: Add a 'Database check and repair' feature to the Tools -> Maintenance menu.
* Feature #4972: Clear website cache after an upgrade

Other Fixes:

* Fixed an issue would stop the upgrade wizard which was caused by an installation having no categories
* Fixed: Servers may have 'ob_gzhandler' set as the output handler in their system php.ini files, which causes an issue our script that also calls this function.
* Adding padding to the preview of the logo image
* Optimizing the batch delete of content items.

Changed Files: (Please upload ALL files when upgrading)

admin/includes/classes/class.categories.php
	admin/includes/classes/class.content.php
	admin/includes/classes/class.contenttypes.php
	admin/includes/classes/class.home.php
	admin/includes/classes/class.install.php
	admin/includes/classes/class.layout.php
	admin/includes/classes/class.maintenance.php
	admin/includes/classes/class.settings.php
	admin/includes/classes/class.upgrade.php
	admin/includes/classes/class.user.php
	admin/includes/importers/importer.iwp45.php
	admin/includes/upgrades/5005/add_category_urls.php
	admin/includes/upgrades/5006
	admin/includes/upgrades/5006/alter_list_url_fieldtype.php
	admin/includes/upgrades/5006/alter_relatedlinks_url_fieldtype.php
	admin/styles/styles.css
	admin/templates/categories.form.tpl
	admin/templates/content.form.tpl
	admin/templates/layout.form.tpl
	admin/templates/layout.logo.form.tpl
	admin/templates/maintenance.view.tpl
	api/class.cache.php
	api/class.content.php
	api/class.imagedir.php
	api/class.module.php
	api/class.paging.php
	api/class.styleguide.php
	api/form/class.field.sortorder.php
	api/iwp.php
	includes/pages/viewcategory.php
	init.php
	javascript/admin.lists.js
	javascript/admin.validator.js
	language/en-US/admin.importer.ini
	language/en-US/admin.layout.ini
	language/en-US/admin.lists.ini
	language/en-US/admin.maintenance.ini
	language/en-US/admin.user.ini
	lib/general.php
	lib/interspire_htmlcleaner/interspirehtmlcleaner.php
	lib/mysqldb/db.php
	lib/tiny_mce/editor.html
	lib/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.php
	modules/comments/module.comments.php
	modules/comments/templates/listoutput.comments.html
	modules/emailtofriend/module.emailtofriend.php
	modules/relatedlinks/language.ini
	modules/relatedlinks/module.relatedlinks.php
Old 04-22-2009, 07:11 AM

I uploaded v5.0.6 files, attempted install, a list of directories were displayed that required 777 permission, I updated permission, refreshed browser and received the following error:

Quote:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method iwp_tablecreator_field::SetAsText() in /home/arob45/public_html/theories/new/modules/relatedlinks/module.relatedlinks.php on line 286

I'm going on a TOE Quest !

Last edited by arob44; 04-22-2009 at 07:16 AM.. Reason: Elaborated
Old 04-22-2009, 08:02 AM

Hi arob44,

This appears to be a bug in the related links module. As it appears to be a critical error, we've repackaged the 5.0.6 zip with the fix. Please re-download the zip file from your client area.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:19 PM

Thanks Jordie. I'm not seeing the error anymore but I am having an issue with the Website Importer. I submitted a ticket for it.

I'm going on a TOE Quest !
Old 05-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Interspire Customer

Hi Jordie, just came by to drop a note to say that I am again impressed by the new AL 5. After trying it out I find that it is much better than AL 4.5 in several ways and it appears to be faster. I am looking at another upgrade license for my other sites (hope that you can give us a substantial discount after buying the first upgrade).

Although AL5 has great features, there are a few features that I sorely missed in AL 4.5, e.g. adsense integration (within article), sitemap (for google submission), and tree for web pages (all single level). I also missed the Ajax.

Good job and I hope that you will continue to add in these features back to AL 5.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovi View Post
I am looking at another upgrade license for my other sites (hope that you can give us a substantial discount after buying the first upgrade)
Jovi, you upgraded your 4.5 to the 5.x series? I tried it in the past and it didn't import my data properly. Can you confirm the comment and article imports issues have been fixed? Does it import profiles (with bios and pixes) and assign them to the relevant articles?

Your response will be appreciated.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Interspire Customer

Sorry for late response, the import did not work very well. I have to admin that I tried the upgrade using one of my sites with only a few articles.

If I am going to update my main site with more than thousand articles, I will think twice.

Now I have a big problem trying to get a sitemap and wasting a lot of time on version 5.0. Other problems are minor for the moment. I really hope Jordie can include this in like 4.5. Its wasting a lot of time esp. with the errors, etc. I hate free sitemaps.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Interspire Customer

I had to make manual changes into php file which controls import to make all articles to be imported in two steps as the import process was freezing in the middle. It seems to me that it is one of the bugs that 5.0.7 tries to fix but I could not confirm if it was done successfully.

I have been the client of Interspire quite long time and could admit that while support works ok it is very difficult to get "bug-free" product from the company. Usually each updates fix some old bugs (but not all) and has new features which again has some bugs. I tried to upgrade to new IWP 5, but now I have looked at how much bugs each new maintenance verison is fixing and decide to wait at least half a year before majority of bugs would be fixed. The problem with this approach is that if clients do not start test new product who will be reporting all those bugs?

But I believe that current version of IWP could not be called the product but only the beta version.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:17 AM
Interspire Customer

I think the 2 things top priority on the list now is

1) Sitemap
2) Import and upgrade from 4.5

My site was dropped from Google index when I upgraded to 5.0 two mths ago. Now sure if its due to the upgrade, but I didn't update my site since then, so it could not be due to some content issues that prompted the drop.

It took me hours to find a sitemap generator, and had to fall back on an external software - generate and uploading onto the server everytime. This is wasting our time and energy to focus on the content. I hope the dev team can continue to press on and get some of these features in place, without including new bugs in the process.

I am unlikely to upgrade to version 5 given the above problems. As of today, managed to get google bot to index my site again, but the sitemap is a problem.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:56 AM
Interspire Customer

Thanks for your responses. I love AL/IWP, but my site has some 4000 articles and more than 10000 comments. 5.0 couldn't handle the import of a small 300+ site i tested it on. How will it handle the bigger ones? Oh well, the wait continues...

Tags
bug fixes, bugs, maintenance, release, websitepublisher