BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Shopping Cart Community Forum > Customization and Integration > Code Modification and Development Questions

Old 05-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Interspire Customer

Default Link adding coupon automatically

Is there a way to have links load a coupon code?

This will be in marketing emails, so I'm concerned that there's not going to be an easy way as any sort of behaviours are stripped out by the email programmes.

Only thought I've had is if you create a specific page to link to that would then run it as an onload, and redirect you to the right page.

If someone were to be a bit nifty with php, you could set up a page so that it checks with the isc_coupons in the database, so that it would auto-redirect to wherever the coupon is valid, so would save having a bundle of different pages for each coupon
Old 05-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Interspire Customer

I'm having some difficulty understanding what you're trying to achieve here..

Do you mean...

- Send out a link to a page in emails..
- When the customer (email recipient) clicks on the link to visit your site they are provided with one or more coupons that are currently valid (or a notice if there are none).
- Page code is designed to check for valid coupons and present the information automatically...

If so, then that should be simple enough to achieve.. The question then springs to mind, do you want it to check for login status and recommend existing customers login (if not already) to get even better deals... Just a feature idea.

Anyway, to come back to your original idea.. your biggest problem is going to be what happens if you have more than one valid coupon for that period? Redirecting would be a waste of time... Much better to have all the coupons shown on a single page..

Just a thought and no, not done it, but yes it would be possible.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Interspire Customer

Right, what it would be is in an email there would be a "click this link to save £x". On clicking the link they are taken straight to a particular product that has a particular coupon code on it. The coupon code is automatically enabled, so the product price is reduced, and they don't have to remember to put it in during checkout.

Make better sense?
Old 04-22-2014, 06:30 PM
Interspire Customer

Is this possible? Still running Interspire cart on my site and would like this option.