BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Email Marketer Community Forum > Customization and Integration

Old 05-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Interspire Customer

Default Automatic Confirmation emails.

Hello.

Is it possible to get iem to send confirmation emails to subscribers automatically after being imported to a list?

Also, if I'm adding subscribers to a list via the xml api and set them to 'unconfirmed', do they get a confirmation email like they would get if entered through a double optin form?

Thanks.
- Geoff.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Interspire Customer

You can do this by creating an Auto responder with filtering , then set it to be activate when a user joins a list.

www.teneo.be - experts in email deliverability
Old 10-11-2009, 03:35 AM
Interspire Customer

How do you do the same when you want a large list to be reconfirmed?

We are thinking of marking all these emails (about 30,000 contacts) unsubscribed, then sending all of them a 'confirm your subscription' link. But to do that, we need to know what placeholder to use for this link. Something like %%unsubscribelink%% for example but which will generate a confirmation link instead. Also would it be possible to customize the the thank you page when a user clicks a confirmation link?

Is there a list of built in placeholders somewhere? I couldn't find it anywhere.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Interspire Customer

You can do this quiet easily

1. Create a new mail campaign that asks them to confirm subscription.
use this placeholder "%%confirmlink%%"

2. Create a new contact list called "Confirmed Subscribers"

3. Create an auto responder on that list that is filtered on "Status : unsubscribed" and choose to send them immediate after joining the list

4. In the old list set all your subscribers to "unconfirmed" with the actions menu

5. Import all the contacts into the new list. This willa ctivate the auto responder for all Unconfirmed subscribers (that is all of them).

Hope this helps you out !
Old 10-13-2009, 04:11 AM
Interspire Customer

Yes, thank you. I'd actually managed to figure it out just a little before your reply

One difference is that I didn't create a new list and used the "send to existing contacts" checkbox in the autoresponder to use the existing list.

Now I need to do something else:
We've created a form with several custom fields for the same contact list. This is an update details form, so it's supposed to only work when the user clicks the form link from their email. What we want to do is, when the user clicks the confirm your account link, he is taken to a thank you page in IEM. We want to modify this (confirm.php) so that a link to the update details form is placed below the thank you note.

To do this I want to modify the confirm link so that it includes a GET argument with the link to modifydetails form. But this does not work properly since IEM mangles the url.

What I sent:
HTML Code:
<a href="%%confirmlink%%&mod=%%modifydetails_8%%">Confirm your subscription to Isha News</a>
or
HTML Code:
<a href="%%confirmlink%%&amp;mod=%%modifydetails_8%%">Confirm your subscription to Isha News</a>
What I received (in the show original view of gmail):
HTML Code:
<a
href="http://www.ishafoundation.org/mailmarketer/confirm.php?E=thangar.a.j.j%40gmail.com&C=7fc3f1511618866a222ee653c4cc76ca&L=3&amp;mod=<a
href="http://www.ishafoundation.org/mailmarketer/modifydetails.php?M=35303&C=7fc3f1511618866a222ee653c4cc76ca&L=3&A=36&F=8">http://www.ishafoundation.org/mailmarketer/modifydetails.php?M=35303&C=7fc3f1511618866a222ee653c4cc76ca&L=3&A=36&F=8</a>">Confirm
your subscription to Isha News</a>
I've even tried disabling link tracking, but still it's mangled.

Can someone help me out? This is getting urgent.