BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Shopping Cart Community Forum > Customization and Integration > Code Modification and Development Questions

Old 07-25-2009, 12:50 AM
Interspire Customer

Default Can't find where to change page background color

Hi There,
I am having a bit of a problem trying to find where in the stylesheets the background page color is specified for the home page, category pages, website content pages, etc. I am using the "Perfume" template as a base so I assume it is specified in "yellow.css". But I'm not sure which parameter to change in there for the page background. Any help appreciated.

Josse
Old 07-26-2009, 04:23 PM
Interspire Customer

I am not familiar with the perfume template, but it should be in the yellow.css file (and if not there, in the styles.css file). Either way, setting it in the yellow.css file will override whatever is set in the styles.css file.

Here's what you're looking for:
Quote:
body {color:#4a4a43; margin:0px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; background:url(../images/bg_body.jpg) center 0px no-repeat #0e0801;}
The background color is a 6 digit hexadecimal number (see http://www.webmonkey.com/reference/Color_Charts) found in the body line.

What I like to do when attempting to change a CSS style written by someone else (that is, a piece of code I am not 100% sure about) is to change the element to something very, very vibrant and contrasting to the site so that when I refresh the page I can quickly spot the glaring change. If it's the element I was looking for, great - simply change it to something you want. If it's not, simply change it back to what it was before you tinkered with it.

Last edited by sdurstling; 07-26-2009 at 04:25 PM..
Old 07-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Interspire Customer

thanks for the reply. I did find the color and was able to change no prob.