BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Shopping Cart Community Forum > E-Commerce and Selling Online

Old 06-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Interspire Customer

Unhappy SagePay Direct

UK Customer here with a bit of a worry.

I have been using Paypal Pro as my gateway and had fradulant chargebacks so I updated the cart to have 3D Secure. I lost a lot of transactions once this was installed and contacted Paypal who told me they had a bug in their system and they were "working on it" (4 weeks later they still have not fixed it!). I was very upset about this as they have told no one about this so if you are in this boat please know that you are losing sales as it does not make it easy for customers to enter the 3D Secure password.

So I want to move from Paypal and implement Sage Direct but I am now worried as I have been reading that a lot of you guys are having problems with Sage?? This is too stressful and I just want someone to tell me they integrated the SageDirect successfully on their shopping cart please.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Interspire Customer

SagePay Direct itself is still broken in that you get redirected off site to fill in the 3DSecure form and the way its done is poor and worse still, looks like it could easily be a man in the middle attack or security problem. Interspire have done and appear to be doing absolutely nothing about this so SagePay Direct is definitely one to be avoided like the plague.

However, SagePay Form (which is still available on a SagePay account), whilst taking the customer off-site, does work properly and in some instances is felt to be a lot more secure because ALL of the credit/debit card payment process is handled on their site, not your own. It's also better for PCI compliance and avoids a LOT of form filling and worry...

So, my considered advice would be to move to SagePay and implement the Form version. You can always move to Direct if/when the 3DSecure side of things has been resolved, with minimal fuss but I'll be honest given the way the issue has been treated for BigCommerce I wouldn't hold out too much hope and just plan on using Form...

Hope that helps.

Martin
Old 06-10-2010, 07:39 AM
Interspire Customer

Ok thank you so much for this. I will not be going with Sagepay but I need an alternative to Paypal. Does anyone have issues with WorldPay integrating on the shopping cart? I want my customers to stay on my site that is what they are used to with the Paypal Pro. Any feedback would be gratefully received. Thanks Guys!
Old 06-10-2010, 07:55 AM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlygirl View Post
Ok thank you so much for this. I will not be going with Sagepay but I need an alternative to Paypal. Does anyone have issues with WorldPay integrating on the shopping cart? I want my customers to stay on my site that is what they are used to with the Paypal Pro. Any feedback would be gratefully received. Thanks Guys!
I could be wrong on this as I've never actually used WorldPay in any form but based on what's coming out of the BigCommerce discussions about 3DSecure you may find that none of the UK payment gateways handle it properly.

I'll leave it to an actual user to confirm or deny but be prepared in case this turns out to be true.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Interspire Customer

Default WorldPay???

Hi Guys

Anyone using WorldPay and if so what is it like? Do the user stay on your site or are they taken to another site to complete the transaction? Is the 3D Secure good with WorldPay?

I need to find a better gateway than Paypal so please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Interspire Customer

Hi, we use WorldPay and have for about 10 years now.

We DON'T want the user to stay on our site

From our business perspective there isn't a single reason why we want the customer to make a payment on our server as opposed to the secure WorldPay servers...