BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Shopping Cart Community Forum > E-Commerce and Selling Online

Old 05-24-2010, 04:57 PM

Default Bul order discount for products with variations

Hi,

My colleague is running an Interspire eCommerce shop and I'm seriously looking at the software to sell my embroided clothing.

There is one feature I need but not sure if it's possible, perhaps someone can let me know.

All the shirts I sell come in colour and size variations and I want to apply bulk order discount e.g.

1 - 5 shirts = 5% discount
6 - 10 shirts 7% discount
11+ shirts = 10% discount

It appears that this is not possible to individual products that have variations. Can someone please let me know if this is correct because if this is possible, I will go for the Interspire shopping car software.

Thanks,

Steve.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Interspire Customer

long time no reply on this, i am looking for an answer to the same question.

With some of the discount modules around, you can apply x discount to y product if x amount are bought, but i am not sure how it reflects this in the software.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4656 View Post
long time no reply on this, i am looking for an answer to the same question.

With some of the discount modules around, you can apply x discount to y product if x amount are bought, but i am not sure how it reflects this in the software.
The bottom line is that the current system does not allow for discounts to be applied to variations.

This is simply down to the sheer over-engineered complexity that was built into the variations system...
Old 06-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Interspire Customer

what about if the variations dont + or - on price? surely it should be possible then?
Old 06-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Interspire Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4656 View Post
what about if the variations dont + or - on price? surely it should be possible then?
by now, you should have realised that "common sense" and "obvious" are rather fluid concepts in Interspire's world...

Variations are so utterly convoluted it would be very difficult to impliment for ANY variation without a fairly major rewrite or a completely out of the box genius solution from a coding genius.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Interspire Customer

The ever increasing mountain of code required to integrate both variations and quantity discounts is... by design.

At least they're consistent.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:09 AM
trumanjohn

Hi......,

Thanks for your offers. Can you specify if you any more offers.

Tags
bul order, discounts, product, variations