BigCommerce - Hosted Ecommerce Software by Interspire

Interspire Forum

Go Back   Interspire Forum > Interspire Shopping Cart Community Forum > News and Product Updates

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 07:32 AM
Administrator

Default Beta Release: Interspire Shopping Cart 5.5 - Available Now

Hi all,

We've just released a beta of Interspire Shopping Cart 5.5. The release is a new major feature release including Google Website Optimizer integration, support for an unlimited number of product images with zooming, image descriptions, multiple thumbnail sizes, "tiny" thumbnails on the product details page, YouTube integration, full phone order support and much, much more.

For a full overview of what's new, improved and fixed in the Interspire Shopping Cart 5.5 Beta, you can refer to Here's What's Coming in Interspire Shopping Cart 5.5 on the Interspire Blog or view the release notes in the post following this one.

The beta release is available for all Interspire customers from the Interspire Client Area. Due to the nature of the beta release, you cannot run the software on a live store or upgrade your existing Interspire Shopping Cart installation at this stage. The beta release is also encrypted using ionCube which is required for the software to run.

If you do install the beta release, we ask that if you find a bug in the software that you report it to our development team. You can do so by clicking the bug submission link at the top of any page in the control panel.

Thanks and we're looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Interspire Shopping Cart 5.5 With the New "Surf & Skate" Store Design
Old 12-08-2009, 07:33 AM
Administrator

Interspire Shopping Cart 5.5 Beta Change Log

New Features / Feature Changes
  • Feature ISC-2: As a responsible store owner I need the ability to purchase an SSL certificate for my BigCommerce store
  • Feature ISC-51: Show product inventory level for product variations on product statistics page.
  • Feature ISC-58: 'Add to Cart' buttons are still shown on product pages when store purchasing has been disabled
  • Feature ISC-70: As a store owner I would like to have the ability to specify "text/html" email format when subscribing customers via IEM integration
  • Feature ISC-71: As a store owner who pays tax, I need to be able to see (and export) a sales tax report
  • Feature ISC-72: As a marketing-savvy store owner, I'd like a report showing abandoned orders so I can contact the customer and see what went wrong
  • Feature ISC-73: As a store owner who understands and uses social media, I'd like to see an AddThis.com button on every product page in my store
  • Feature ISC-75: As a store owner I'd like to be able to choose product images from my PC, a URL or a folder on the server
  • Feature ISC-78: As a marketing-savvy store owner, I'd like to be able to search for (and add) related YouTube videos to my product page
  • Feature ISC-79: As a customer I'd like to be able to mouse over a thumbnail image on a products page and have the larger image change automatically without having to click
  • Feature ISC-80: As a shopper I'd like to see image thumbnails displayed on the product page instead of a "Click here to see 2 more images" link
  • Feature ISC-82: As a shopper I'd like to be able to mouse over a product image and see a detailed, zoomed version appear next to it
  • Feature ISC-83: As a store owner I'd like a button on the WYSIWYG editor when editing content to embed a video from YouTube/Vimeo/Blip.tv etc
  • Feature ISC-84: As a shopper I'd like to see thumbnails of other product images too when I've clicked to enlarge an image in a popup window/thickbox
  • Feature ISC-85: As a store owner I'd like to see more store templates to choose from
  • Feature ISC-88: As a shopper I should see the suggestive panel under the main cart panel, not on a separate page
  • Feature ISC-89: As a store owner I should be able to accept payment when adding an order from my store's control panel
  • Feature ISC-90: As a shopper I want to see categories, pages and brands listed alongside products when performing a search
  • Feature ISC-91: As a store owner my store should have a HTML sitemap to make it easier for search engines to crawl. I should also see a link to my XML sitemap on this page.
  • Feature ISC-92: As an SEO-savvy store owner I should see a link to my XML sitemap under Promotions -> XML Sitemap
  • Feature ISC-93: As a marketing-savvy store owner I need to be able to test different page variations using Google Website Optimizer
  • Feature ISC-94: As an SEO-savvy store owner I should be able to set the page title for web pages created in my store
  • Feature ISC-97: As a customer I want to be able to resume the download of a digital product if it fails
  • Feature ISC-102: As a store owner I need better control over product images and how they are displayed in my store
  • Feature ISC-227: As a non-technical store owner I'd like to be able to make changes to the default header image included in my store design
  • Feature ISC-262: As a store owner I need the ability to sync my store's data to and from StoneEdge Order Manager

Bug Fixes / Changes
  • Bug ISC-9: As a store owner I need a reliable 2 way sync with all editions of Intuit QuickBooks
  • Bug ISC-41: As a store owner I'm unable to enter a bulk price discount of 5,00 for my products
  • Bug ISC-43: As a store owner I'm unable to edit my email templates in control panel on my IIS server
  • Bug ISC-44: Digital orders show "Ship to this address?" during checkout
  • Bug ISC-45: imodal popups are not positioned correctly when using right-to-left content
  • Bug ISC-46: Changing the variation of a product when editing an order results in the variation price being added to the previously calculated price
  • Bug ISC-48: Imported products that already exists have inventory tracking set to 'Yes' regardless
  • Bug ISC-50: The remove credit card details button in the order quick view is missing since upgrading to 5.0.6
  • Bug ISC-53: Disabling the "Getting Started" dashboard page in the whitelabel file causes a Javascript error with the "Video Walkthroughs" section
  • Bug ISC-54: Kitchenware (Red) template has a background image in the top links that was implemented for the old banner image/pot but has since been removed.
  • Bug ISC-55: EselectPlus Direct Post is showing $0 for the the order amount on the receipt page
  • Bug ISC-56: The breadcrumb links when shopping by price are using the search-engine friendly form when this option is disabled
  • Bug ISC-57: Backup function doesn't backup variation images and uploaded_images
  • Bug ISC-59: Extra checking is needed so that customers can't add products to the cart or checkout if store purchasing is disabled
  • Bug ISC-63: Control panel sessions cannot be configured to work on clustered hosting environments
  • Bug ISC-64: The control panel's "view addons" screen will time out or generate a fatal error if the addon download server is not reachable
  • Bug ISC-66: Customer group discount rule should allow 0 in discount value field.
  • Bug ISC-68: Error message should be displayed when PayPal express checkout transaction couldn't be initiated due to an error.
  • Bug ISC-69: On the express checkout screen, toggling the "Ship to This Address?" will place "&" into the "Bill & Ship to this Address" button
  • Bug ISC-122: Sub page list not showing in side navigation
  • Bug ISC-133: PayLeap/Interspire Merchant Gateway delayed capture/void requests don't work
  • Bug ISC-138: Save Buttons Create a New Product if "Automatically resize first image" is ticked
  • Bug ISC-143: When filled in on the "Create Account" page on the front end of the store, any custom form field values entered are not saved
  • Bug ISC-159: Input fields in the "Choose address" step in express checkout may be overlapped by other sections in IE8
  • Bug ISC-171: Customers are not added to subscribers list when placing an order
  • Bug ISC-175: Exporting a large amount of products, customers or orders from your store does not work when there are script execution timeouts
  • Bug ISC-176: Download function can produce php errors if there is no output buffer to delete
  • Bug ISC-183: Laos and North Korea are missing from the country list
  • Bug ISC-192: SQL injection vulnerability in ISC_REMOTE::GetExchangeRate (currencyid is not sanitized)
  • Bug ISC-195: SideCustomCategoryList panel does not show correct category names for parent categories
  • Bug ISC-209: Google Checkout shipping calculation fails when all products have free shipping/a fixed shipping cost
  • Bug ISC-218: The default Interspire favicon is still used in the control panel after changing the icon through the store design feature
  • Bug ISC-219: Prices entered in product level discount rules are truncated when a comma is present in the amount
  • Bug ISC-233: Quickbooks Merchant Services payment gateway does not accept payments - shows "Pay for your Order" page over and over
  • Bug ISC-234: BigCommerce HTTPS Error - AJAX search only builds HTTP image links, not dynamic between HTTP/HTTPS
  • Bug ISC-235: Bristol and Avon need to be added to UK State list
  • Bug ISC-244: Customer group discounts don't work for 100% discounts
  • Bug ISC-248: PaymentClearing Payment Gateway module is passing through amounts with 4 decimals instead of two. Causes failure of all orders.
  • Bug ISC-275: When the large version of a product image isn't bigger than the default product image size, the zoom should NOT occur when you mouse over the image on the product page
  • Bug ISC-301: Live payments always fail for PayPoint transactions
  • Bug ISC-302: PayPal Website Payments Pro doesn't show the error message to the customer when an order fails
  • Bug ISC-304: Call For Pricing Changes When A Variation Is Selected
  • Bug ISC-319: PSIGate Doesn't Send CV2 Codes
  • Bug ISC-326: Gift Certificate - 'Snippet not found' error
  • Bug ISC-166: System log entries are now made when incomplete orders are automatically deleted by the system
  • Bug ISC-203: Index should always be specified on the product fields for 2Checkout
  • Bug ISC-276: Add 3D secure to PayPal checkout module
  • Bug ISC-295: Force SSL login to the store's control panel if/when SSL is available or manual CC is enabled
  • Bug ISC-328: As a UPS Worldship API user I need the order weight available as a field when exporting orders

Last edited by Chris B (Interspire Staff); 12-08-2009 at 10:21 AM..
Old 12-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Interspire Customer

Some nice additions - though a bit of repetition in there? lol

Looking forward to lots of nice positive feedback on the Beta so we can get it up - I'm liking the optimisation angle
Old 12-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Some nice additions - though a bit of repetition in there? lol
That's actually user stories, a concept in software development (very much so "agile development") where you write a feature (tell a story) brief based on the role of who benefits from the particular feature. They're a way that we can explain a feature without writing an entire full spec/brief and still have it clear what the purpose of the feature is.

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_story
Old 12-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Interspire Customer

Sorry, I meant that a lot of the fixes are an overhaul of the thumbs system-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B (Interspire Staff) View Post
  • Feature ISC-79: As a customer I'd like to be able to mouse over a thumbnail image on a products page and have the larger image change automatically without having to click
  • Feature ISC-80: As a shopper I'd like to see image thumbnails displayed on the product page instead of a "Click here to see 2 more images" link
  • Feature ISC-82: As a shopper I'd like to be able to mouse over a product image and see a detailed, zoomed version appear next to it
  • Feature ISC-84: As a shopper I'd like to see thumbnails of other product images too when I've clicked to enlarge an image in a popup window/thickbox
  • Feature ISC-102: As a store owner I need better control over product images and how they are displayed in my store
Old 12-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Ah yep, basically those tasks were broken down as several people were working on the different parts (2 developers on the backend, another developer on the front end). Breaking the features down in to the smallest components helps us define the requirements and track the progress better
Old 12-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Interspire Customer

Fair does
Old 12-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Interspire Customer

Which one is the latest version? 5.0.6 or 5.5 Beta version. Currently, I am using 5.0.6. I really appreciated for an answer. Thanks
Old 12-09-2009, 05:45 AM
Interspire Customer

I have some time to do some decent testing and have just downloaded the beta. Very interested to see your Google optimiser integration.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:23 AM
Interspire Customer

i've got this error, on clicking images to lightbox. Shows in lightbox window.
Fatal error: Class 'ISC_IMAGE_LIBRARY_FACTORY_INVALIDIMAGEFILE_EXCEPT ION' not found in /home/threewor/public_html/store1/includes/classes/class.productimage.php on line 76
Closed Thread